Wanted: amp cage

Thaddeus Smith

Mooch request #2 for the year. I managed to snag this linear power supply for my chip amp that works wonderfully but is on an exposed chassis. For safety and aesthetics I'd like to mount this to a small plywood plinth and throw a cage over top. Full coverage is preferred, but something that bolts down and covers at least the front half would work too.

As pictured, the dimensions are 4"d x 6"h x 10"l . I think I need something with at least an inch of clearance on each side.

My amp is inside of a dynaco st-120 chassis, so that perforated steel cage look is sorta what I'm after.

Mine for the cost of shipping is the kind of deal I'm after, but certainly willing to chip in some extra cash if necessary.

post-34066-0-93620000-1393641930_thumb.j

I absolutely love it. Power supply is 7A and 12V, attached to this TI chip amp: http://www.yuan-jing.com/tpa3116-class-d-2-0-stereo-amplifier-board-50w-50w

Cables are 10ft and no issues whatsoever. Combined with my crossover mods and near field listening I have a system that I'm finding to be very revealing and balanced.

• Like 1

I absolutely love it. Power supply is 7A and 12V, attached to this TI chip amp: http://www.yuan-jing.com/tpa3116-class-d-2-0-stereo-amplifier-board-50w-50w

Cables are 10ft and no issues whatsoever. Combined with my crossover mods and near field listening I have a system that I'm finding to be very revealing and balanced.

I am going to be trying out the Topping "T" chip amp as soon as I get my new setup up and running. We will be running the chip amps for 5 channels of EV, and JBL horns and using my Denon 4520 for the bass bins, heights, and surrounds.

• 2 weeks later...