la scala So Cal

Schu

I think those are black in lakewood if I am not mistaken. there has someone in lakewood trying to get rid of a pair of la scalas forever.

FYI... I grew up in Lakewood (Artesia High School).

I think those are black in lakewood if I am not mistaken. there has someone in lakewood trying to get rid of a pair of la scalas forever.

FYI... I grew up in Lakewood (Artesia High School).

Nice, I grew up in Redondo Beach. A couple years ago I sold my place in Torrance, then the wife and I moved down to LB to be closer to her family, and both our jobs are here. Edited by cviper

Coming late to the party . . .

Blew up the picture of the sticker . . . Originally 1976 (P) LS BB--birch black laquer from the factory which is pretty obvious looking inside the top where the crossover is. Corners look, perhaps, too neat to be vinyl . . . probably, but not sure, they were veneered, from what I see. But well may be vinyl . . . hard to believe someone would put all that veneer work into 1976 LS and never update the caps on the AA crossover. (But maybe seller replaced with new parts and took them out for resale?)

$2115 for those even if new veneer? Not FMV . . . in my opinion.

It looks like wood strips were added at the back to allow a panel to be attached to close off the HF section. That could look tidy.

Also, it's interesting to see the clear covers over the labels. I'm surprised the owner didn't replace the Klipsch badges on the front, because he seems to really want the speakers to look their best.