I Love Ketchup

BigStewMan

• Moderators

Haven't had that in a long time, when I was a teen a place opened called fish & chips with English style batter and they had vinegar and salt and pepper only, it was the first time I had tried it, but loved it together. Still like the Vinegar and salt potato chips.

• Moderators

went to del taco for lunch--very good fries. frustrating thing is that those packets of ketchup are enough for half a fry.

Found a T shirt place just for you.

http://www.zazzle.com/i+put+ketchup+on+my+ketchup+tshirts

If they have Whataburger stores out there try the spicy ketchup, very good.

Edited by dtel

went to del taco for lunch--very good fries. frustrating thing is that those packets of ketchup are enough for half a fry.

Found a T shirt place just for you.

http://www.zazzle.com/i+put+ketchup+on+my+ketchup+tshirts

If they have Whataburger stores out there try the spicy ketchup, very good.

I need one of those shirts…i like the one that says Ketchup is what's for dinner. When i was growing up (okay, it's debatable whether that has happened yet) my mom would threaten to give me a loaf of bread and a bowl of ketchup for dinner. I was so excited.

When i was growing up (okay, it's debatable whether that has happened yet) my mom would threaten to give me a loaf of bread and a bowl of ketchup for dinner. I was so excited

My wife would also jump for joy. I suppose I would join her except with my own bowl of Dijon mustard.

My wife would also jump for joy
Sounds like you married a keeper. Went to lunch with co-workers to a British Pub. Ordered fish & chips--the waitress comes by the table and says, "I've never in my entire life seen someone use so much ketchup." I was polite though--when the food came, i told every at the table to use the ketchup first because there wouldn't be any left when i got through with it. Always thinking of others--that's what ketchup does for you…oh yeah, and it's magic.
  • Like 1

• Moderators
Always thinking of others--that's what ketchup does for you…oh yeah, and it's magic.

:o Don't know what to say to that ?

If you only cooked

ketchup-lovers-cookbook-cover3d1-300x265
The Ketchup Lovers Cookbook has over 800 recipes all containing ketchup, AKA catsup, AKA Texas gravy. If you love ketchup you need to download this amazing cookbook! With over 800 recipes you can add a little ketchup to every meal and no one will complain. The Ketchup Lovers Cookbook has recipes for Veggie Meatloaf, Turkey Meatloaf and Gravy, Smoked Beef Brisket, BBQ

• Like 1

My wife would also jump for joy
Sounds like you married a keeper. Went to lunch with co-workers to a British Pub. Ordered fish & chips--the waitress comes by the table and says, "I've never in my entire life seen someone use so much ketchup." I was polite though--when the food came, i told every at the table to use the ketchup first because there wouldn't be any left when i got through with it. Always thinking of others--that's what ketchup does for you…oh yeah, and it's magic.

Over 20 years so far.

• Like 1

Always thinking of others--that's what ketchup does for you…oh yeah, and it's magic.

:o Don't know what to say to that ?

If you only cooked

ketchup-lovers-cookbook-cover3d1-300x265

The Ketchup Lovers Cookbook has over 800 recipes all containing ketchup, AKA catsup, AKA Texas gravy. If you love ketchup you need to download this amazing cookbook! With over 800 recipes you can add a little ketchup to every meal and no one will complain. The Ketchup Lovers Cookbook has recipes for Veggie Meatloaf, Turkey Meatloaf and Gravy, Smoked Beef Brisket, BBQ

Elden--remember my fork? despite being magic food--ketchup couldn't save my fork--it rusted to death. My brother lost his job, so i told him to move to this area and move in with me--he is my total opposite. So now the house has all these weird things he calls pots & pans, and dishes. Oh yeah, did you know refrigerators can store things other than ketchup and beer? Ain't life strange?

Edited by BigStewMan

• Moderators
Ain't life strange?

Sure is, pots pans and even utensils, impressive, glad your brother fixed you up, really you fixed him up.

I really thought you were kidding about the ketchup thing.

Life sure is strange, I'm proof of that. I looked up "people who love ketchup" only to find you are in a giant group, tons of stories pictures and videos ! :D

I have to admit I like ketchup but usually only use it if the food has no taste or on occasion where I just want ketchup with something. I usually put it on my plate and add salt and pepper to it, a lot.

Glad your brother is with you, hope it works out good.

I have to admit I like ketchup but usually only use it if the food has no taste

Some people gets upset when they cook something and i put ketchup on it. But, i just tell them to consider it a compliment as i wouldn't waste perfectly good ketchup on lousy food.

​So, i run across this article…never tried any of these; but, wouldn't surprise me…as i said before, Ketchup is magic. This is some article off Yahoo. the last hint is music related.

You probably don't even realize that you have a cleaning aid in your fridge that can work on all sorts of cleaning problems. Ketchup is cheap, easy to use, and totally environmentally safe. It doesn't just taste good on your burger--it can help keep everything from silver to hair clean and smelling good. Here are five ways you can use ketchup for everyday cleaning needs.

1. Ketchup is great for cleaning copper. All you need to do is put a thin layer on the copper piece and then let it sit for about thirty minutes. Then just wipe the ketchup off with some paper towels. Use a damp towel to wipe off the ketchup residue and let it air dry completely. Try it on pennies, or even copper pots that need to be spruced up. It is also a safe enough cleaning aid to get your children involved .

2. You can also use ketchup to clean silver jewelry or silverware. You use the same process to clean copper and if you need to get into small crevices, dip a toothbrush into ketchup and scrub the silver as needed. Ketchup is a great copper and silver cleaner because of the acidity of the vinegar. You can also use it on brass, such as many types of cabinet handles. Cleaning metals is an easy chore for kids to do.

3. If your blond hair has turned green after swimming in a chlorinated pool, you can use ketchup as a shampoo in the shower to restore the color and remove the chlorine scent. Wash ketchup out with a gentle baby shampoo. Chlorine can still strip the oils out of your hair, so make sure to condition after you get rid of the ketchup and chlorine. Even if your hair isn't blond, if you want to still get the damaging chlorine out of your hair or your children's hair, ketchup is a great non-toxic and gentle option.

4. Ketchup works great for getting skunk odors off of anything, including pets. The tomato, combined with the odor removing properties of vinegar can even work better than tomato juice. If you want, dilute the ketchup with water because just a little will go a long way. Ketchup smells good to pets and probably won't make them run away if you try to bathe them in a ketchup-scented bath.

5. If you have a scratch on a CD or DVD, try using ketchup to polish the scratch out. Ketchup is much gentler than other homemade polishers such as toothpaste and it doesn't leave any residue when wiped off.

Edited by BigStewMan

• Moderators
as i said before, Ketchup is magic.

OK your right it's magic, had no idea.

Since you have apparently tasted alot which is your favorite ? You should try homemade, my wife cooks it with many other ingredients to make BBQ sauce, usually not the same twice but always a little sweet.

Texas Ketchup----Pace Picante Sauce!

Pace medium is my favorite.

I tried many others but none stack up to pace.

I started making my own. Fresh onions, green onions, tomato, bell peppers, cilantro, garlic, lime, olive oil, cayenne pepper, salt, pepper, and balsamic vinegar and soy. You can skip the last two and add some puree tomato instead if you like it thick. The trick is to make it really chunky. It should look like a bunch of veggies and have a lot of colors pop out.

Then bake some homemade tortillas. Addictive and it will ruin you for store bought.

But, Kroger has a house brand that is similar to Pace that is surprisingly good salsa.

Edited by tigerwoodKhorns