Approx value of KG 3.5's?

Coytee

My boss has a pair of what he says are KG 3.5's. I'm taking him at his word.

The first and last time I've seen the speakers was maybe 5-7 years ago.

He's a very meticulous person about his things. My recollection is they were pristine.

He's asked me about selling them (I know, I know.....pictures.... don't have anything yet)

So on a blind conversation, what's the going rate for something like these? I think he said he saw them on ebay for a value that had him thinking he'd rather use them as car speakers in his Mercedes than 'give' them away.

I told him that's what happens with our Klipsch. We grow to like them and feel their worth more for their sound...

The pair are located in Knoxville (TN). He brought this up 2-3 months ago to me so it's not as high priority for him to sell them as it is his wife!! We all know how that goes.

So, I'm trying to get a vibe for what a pair of 3.5's might be worth. For conversations sake, presume they are in excellent condition but, 100% bone stock original.

I have bought 2 pairs for $50.00 each, I was using them for surrounds and rears for 7.1 home theater. None of them were in perfect cosmetic condition, actualy more like average or slightly below. I wouldnt think perfect they would be worth more than $150.

Soundwise they are nowhere near as nice as the KG 4,

Ed