My Last Speaker Upgrade....

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HornEd...I wasn't avail for near a week, but was pleased to see your visit. Also see you and Clu are still exchanging vibrant repartee! Wore out my talisman and used up all allocated chants conjuring up those K-Horns. Ghost Dancing does nothing for Home remodeling. cwm35.gif

HDBR...Hey, it was your suggestion to invert them ya know. They do sound good with the Corns

Vavoline...Thanks for the visit and commenting too.

------------------

KLIPSCH IS MUSICf>

My Systems f>s>c>

This message has been edited by ShapeShifter on 08-01-2002 at 06:44 AM

Wes

I thought that your absence was due to the fact that you were lost in some cloud of sonic bliss, that transcends the ordinary, and you didn't want to come back to the land habitated by mere mortals.

.... How did you ever leave your new additions behind, so soon? Welcome back...and one day I hope to hear, what you heritage/legend guys are talking about....TTFN and welcome back.

Clu...ahhh, if only my absence was due to your comment. Had a systemic flare-up, got too much sun exposure the last day of that Jazz Concert. On the mend and getting back to up to speed. Life with those RF-7's must be delightful?

Keep huging the cats and sing to the plants tooBiggrin.gif

Wes

------------------

KLIPSCH IS MUSICf>

My Systems f>s>c>

Are you sure it was the sun that did you in, and not the concert libations? Glad you are on the mend, in any case.

My vet told me to quit "huging" the cats, the black male looks like a half-grown panther and weighs about as much too. The female just looks like a sausage (brautwurst) with legs.

I'm sure we are both enjoying our new toys equally. I noticed that you are running a KSW-12 along with your black hot water heater side-by-side. I was wondering, could I put a y-cable on the pre-out on my receiver for my sub and run to both the ksw-12 and a SVS-PC+ (coming in August/September)? Overkill? Really Dumb Idea?

Well gotta go play with Moon's fire works.

cwm16.gif

Cluless..." the black male looks like a half-grown panther and weighs about as much too." I might be leary of an animal that size....would be wondering is that a look of admiration or thoughts of me as dinner.

I dont think both subs would be overkill. Originally had my KSW 12 and amp for SVS connected with a "Y" splitter from the Sub Out on my receiver. But I had continous bouts with sub hum. I finally elected to disconnect the KSW 12 from Y splitter and connect it to the receivers main terrminals. After dialing them both in with SPL meter, I find it works best for me, because I get very bass signals from the terminal connections, especially for 2 channel music. All my speakers are set to small too. Placement and calibration with an SPL were keys to achieving good sub sound.

Trader...Unfortunately, there is no wife. So the credit of the dubious text is entirely on mecwm36.gif

------------------

KLIPSCH IS MUSICf>

My Systems f>s>c>

• 2 weeks later...

Wes,

Is that the Muddy Waters Chess Box with your Khorns? I bought it over 10 yrs ago, it's my favorite Muddy. I haven't found anything else since then that compares to that set. I really like the first CD with all the early stuff that you don't find on any of the reissues and endless re-compilations.

Regards,

Greg

Gregorius,

Yes, that is the Six-LP Cheese Box Set. I enjoy it too. Recently bought the Anthology 1947-72 CD and the LP version of Muddy Waters - Folk Singer. The Folk Singer LP is a favorite of mine because the quality of the recorded songs from the original 1963 Master is outstanding. Elusive Disc has it for $19.00. The LP does contain three less songs than the 1999 CD release, but the dynamics of the LP titles are just wonderful to my ears.

Colin,

Right now I am using Stinger Purple 12 AWG wire. I needed runs that totaled 35', as they are on the long wall upstairs and I do not want to position a stereo rack between the speakers.

Given the lengths involved, I know I can't afford to experiment with costly/exotic wire. So I will stick with the Stinger wire for now and concentrate on replacing interconnects. I will seriously have to consider the laws of diminishing returns for upgrading to costlier speaker cables. I prefer to not compromise on the placement of components. Heck, if I never changed the current set-up, I would still remain deliriously happy! Think you understand my meaning on the last statement.

Regards to the both you.

Wes

------------------

KLIPSCH IS MUSICf>

My Systems f>s>c>

Wes,

Your collection of Klipsch and tubes is awsome.

Now that the weather has cooled and the windows are open, if you play it loud in Southfield, I could hear it here in Birmingham. But then I'd no longer be content listening to Ed Love on Heresys powered by a Dyna SCA 35. The diminishing return factor hit me already.

Enjoy!

Neil

• 2 months later...

Wes,

WOW.................Awesome looking stuff!

If you hear about any old tube stuff in our area that needs updates or repair and is not too expensive, please advise me if possible.

I am taking the next step with being bitten by the bug.

Went to Almas HIFI and the had a pair of gloss black Chorus II for $ 800.

Going to pick them up Wednesday. My wife will freak I did not tell her that they were like mini refridgerators.

I have the Reference HT rig sounding pretty sweet so off to 2 channel in the living room.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Wes,

All I can say is..WOW You are a true hard core Klipsch fanatic if there ever was one,all these classic Klipsch speakers! 6.gif

Awesome setups,really goes to show one does not need too many watts to really enjoy full range,full scale sound.Very nice

I have to get myself some K-Horns or LaScalla speakers. 5.gif