Cornwall 2-Channel System

Cornwall_Fisher.jpg

85 Cornwalls w/ALK Networks

Fisher 800B Tube Receiver

Technics SL-D2 Turntable

Sony CDP-CA80ES

Sony MDS-JE320 MiniDisc Deck

AKAI 280D 4 Track Reel

Conrad-Johnson PV-14L Tube Preamp (Idle)

Conrad-Johnson EV-1 Phono Stage (Idle)

DAK Stereo Power Controller

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HT FRONTS

HT_Fronts.jpg

HT REARS

Cornwall_RS_3%20Rears.jpg

SUBWOOFERS

Subwoofers.jpg

MAIN HT COMPONENTS LIST

-----------------------------------------------------

NAD T 761 Receiver (Pre-outs to /Anthem Amp 1/Dynaco ST-70 MKII/Outlaw 750)

SF Anthem Amp 1 (Tube Amp)

Outlaw 750 5 Channel Amp

Dynaco ST-70 MKII (Tube Amp)

76 Belle Klipsch (Front w/Anthem Amp 1)

84 Heresy's Inverted Center's (w/Outlaw)

71 Cornwall II Vertical Horns (Rear w/Dynaco ST-70 MKII)

Klipsch RS-3's (Rear w/NAD T 761)

SVS SV20-39CS SUB (Sampson S1000 Amp)

Klipsch KSW-12 (Sub) (w/NAD T 761 Mains)

Sony DVP-NC650V DVD/SACD

Mitsubishi Stereo VCR

Mitsubishi 52" Wide Screen

Sony Remote Commander RM-AV2100

Monster Cable HTS-3500 Power Center

BEDROOM HT

Onkyo TX-DS484

Denon DVM-3700 HDCD/DVD

Sony Dual Cassette Deck

Philips Magnavox 27'

Klipsch Quintets (Front, Center & Surrounds)

Sony STR AV760 (Sub out from Onkyo)

Infinity SubWoofer (Sony STR AV760 w/ Sub out)

Very nice.... I want it! If you ever want to sell it for, let's say, maybe $100 let me know... cwm4.gif Of course, if you ever sell it that cheap, you need to go to a mental institution for a while. Smile.gif

Soon... I hope to have a decent setup with the KG series. KG-2.5's for surrounds, KG-2.5's for front/rear center and maybe KG-4's or 4.5's for mains.

------------------

icon98.gif Have a ProMedia sound problem? Visit SoundWise for help.

Still have PM sound probs? Email Amy or call at 1-888-554-5665. icon97.gif

s>

Lady and gents..thanks for looking in and posting comments.

TG - I will be selling my Quartets and RF-3's/RC-3 in the coming month.

SpikeJampton - Congrats to you too.

Cluless - awaiting those photos! Didn't get see to the initial ones.

Guy - I LOVE speakers & feel more comfortable buying them than other audio components.

Thanks again,

Wes

------------------

KLIPSCH IS MUSICf>

My Systems f>s>c>

This message has been edited by ShapeShifter on 07-16-2002 at 03:08 PM

you are right Clu.. it never ends. I still need a reciever, yet cannot help but want to buy more speakers. SS, well, gee Quartets and RF-3II.... darn. I don't have any money!!! Prices? Maybe I can save for a year or two or three or a lifetime and pay you... Smile.gif

------------------

icon98.gif Have a ProMedia sound problem? Visit SoundWise for help.

Still have PM sound probs? Email Amy or call at 1-888-554-5665. icon97.gif

s>

Q, Yep, will enjoy as is for several months. Did pay careful attention to you & Mikes crossover review. For now as is, is better than good!

Mike, Good association in my book!

Cluless & TG, Clu you don't miss much, huh. I actually gave some careful consideration to that subject line. It's like this, very likely to retire in 5-6 yrs, so strong possibility of relocating and downsizing in my abode. So no plans for additional speaker upgrades, mostly likely downgrading at that point in my life. Hopefully I will have good corners at that time, hint..hint. Gotta enjoy them now!

TG, Presently haven't determined desired prices, do plan to offer here first though.

Wes

------------------

KLIPSCH IS MUSICf>

My Systems f>s>c>

Again LOL!

Nice addition Wes,

Im set back for a while, ill get mine someday!

Were waiting to see the results, in about 6 months if shes ganna get lukemia, we hope not!

I didnt loose anything, and im greatfull for that!

So how have you been, do you have all heritage now?

La Scalas?

Maybe not, well just thought id shoot a post, better go!

Regards Jim

Jim,

Hey bud....good to hear from you. Glad things are reasonably well. Will continue my prayers and offer any support if needed.

Some non-Heritage left and La Scala's are not likely, I'm done.

Got to hear some good FREE Jazz music last evening from Chris Botti & Larry Carlton. Both are great live performers...WOW! What a showsure worth the price of admission. Will be back there this afternoon and evening for Marcus Belgrave, Gene Dunlap Band, Joseph Vincelli, Roberto Perera and Earl Klugh

Take care,

Wes

----------------------------

KLIPSCH IS MUSICf>

My Systems f>s>c>

Welcome Wes to the cwm32.gif Kilipschorn cwm32.gif Experience. Hope you can stick a Belle in the middle and get the "PWK" version of "stereo"... I did and it is well worth building into your retirement digs.

I join you and the countless Forum multitudes who await the next cluless kitty-cornered RF-7 woofer pics and "don't block the privy pathway" documentary of speaker placement.

Now, Wes, your next challenge is to get clu and her challenging "fishbowl room for speaker improvement" to move up to Klipschorns like we have! All she has to do is to convince her handyman neighbors to donate a little room remodel K-job for the good of the neighborhood.

Just think of how much she could make on the popcorn and beer concession in a Cluless Listening Lounge... all she needs to add is a blackjack table and working relationship with the township constable and the neighbors will forget about Atlantic City.

I was gonna suggest rhinestone high heels and tiara... but I got in enough trouble suggesting leather for her seal act by the tollbooth.

Hmmm, about your own K-Horn placement, is it true that a Native American Shapeshifter can remodel his home to create K-horn corners (as needed) with the right chant?

Enjoy! cwm35.gif -HornED

This message has been edited by HornEd on 07-23-2002 at 09:01 AM

Ed -

Am I going to have to get you a barbie doll so you quit playing dress-up with ME! LOL. Actually, I think you might have a Fredricks of Hollywood catalouge stowed away in that motorhome. Tiara...rhinestone heels...Jeez. Well, I have to go poof my mall bangs.

BTW - welcome back once again.

Alas, fair lass, such dressing went out with my "salad days"... and the bare facts of real people are far more interesting than "anatomically unhealthy Barbie" or Fredericks "psycho-shrink-wraps"... As for my preference, I'll take a playful cluless turn of phrase even on an off day.

Since Wes is one of your many admirers on this Forum, I thought I might lure you into a discussion of the Ref7 slice you've put into your sound improvement on the home front. Especially since you promised photos of "the impossible room" made possible!

I saw a commercial that opened with a garden leaf sweating because the homeowner had bought a Stihl combo unit with which to attack the garden... and that sounded pretty cluless to me! Stihl is a leading chainsaw manufacturer with an increasing interest in landscaping.

I have a national gathering to photograph over the next week, so I will probably be out of pocket again for awhile. Later... -HornED

Wes,

I see you still have a couple of Heresy butts up in the air...LOL!

Trespasser Guy,

You already missed out on two great deals for a couple of old Harman/kardon 800+ quad receivers...just 25 WPC in quad, but you can run four inputs into em through the aux inputs and have 4 speaker surround from another source...now I am the proud owner of these two beauties, one of which has already arrived and another will be arriving in about a week. One cost me 185 shipping and all...the second one only cost me 95 bucks shipping and all...now all I need is another 900+ and some tube set-up and I am set for an every room system...BTW I have two(yes, two!!!!) H/K 430 stereo receivers on the way too!!! And they are even sweeter sounding than the 800+ models at less than half the price...paid less than 50 bucks for each of em, shipping and all!! Get yer butt cracking(Did I just say that?!?!?!) on eBay and KNOW WHAT TO LOOK FOR in some older stuff, and you will be set up with a receiver in no time at all!!! Smile.gif

------------------

I can now receive private messages

This message has been edited by HDBRbuilder on 07-23-2002 at 06:26 PM