WTB Khorn Horn Upgrade

absolve2525

I've heard good things about the two inch horns, so I'm looking for something that will fit the current tophat. It has to look good! I can't slap a huge PA horn on top (must have high female acceptance factor). I missed out on some tractrix horns a while back. Anyone? Thanks

Edited by absolve2525

I'm not sure! What do you have? I'm in Columbus, Ohio

I have a pair of Electro-voice HP 640 horns. They are CD (constant directivity horns with a 2inch throat). Since they are large, they are a bit pricey to ship.

Try a google search to get the specs.

I tried these with a JBL driver on top of a La Scala (plus a subwoofer). Once I got the electronic crossover dialed in, it was a great sounding two-way system.

Ah, thanks for the reply but I already have a pair of those. I painted them a nice bronze hammered finish. They almost fit in the Khorn tophat, but they're slightly too large. I crammed them in there for a few weeks of listening, but they extended out too far. Great sounding horns though!

Edited by absolve2525

Ah, thanks for the reply but I already have a pair of those. I painted them a nice bronze hammered finish. They almost fit in the Khorn tophat, but they're slightly too large. I crammed them in there for a few weeks of listening, but they extended out too far. Great sounding horns though!

I was afraid they might be a bit too large. They are a fun horn to listen to