NBS Pre...6H30 or 6922/6DJ8?

jorjen

Just curious which direction you fellas with the NBS went and why?

I went the 6H30 route which allows me to experiment with the 6922/6DJ8. Circuit is not ideal(two pairs of resistors would need to be changed), but works well enough to get an idea of the differences.

My review of the NBS is with the Jupiter's... I compared it to Muel's stock NBS here at my place, and mine with the Jupiter's was more open sounding. Not a huge difference, but easily detected and worth it to me. The stock Russian caps Craig puts in them are very good caps.

Edited by paul79

My review of the NBS is with the Jupiter's... I compared it to Muel's stock NBS here at my place, and mine with the Jupiter's was more open sounding. Not a huge difference, but easily detected and worth it to me. The stock Russian caps Craig puts in them are very good caps.

I think we were both surprised how quickly we noticed the Jupiter's improvement but there is certainly nothing wrong with stock. You are buying fractions of inches worth of improvement with the Jupiters or Duelunds. I have no regrets with my pop can sized caps but I think I have actually revealed MORE of my room problems as well as having a lighter wallet.

Re: 6h30s - I have forgotten about putting the Reflektor 6h30 tube back in for comparison. I'll have to be sure I don't change anything else so it is a fair comparison.