Baseball Thread

Sancho Panza

MLB has got it backwards. During inter league play, they should play by the visiting team's rules. That way, Cubs fans could see the DH in Wrigley and Tigers fans could see Verlander try to bat at Comerica Park. Perhaps he could be a hitter now that his pitching career is tanking.

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 1

OH MY GOSH!!! I am one proud Dad! Never dreamed this might happen. Last night our 10yr old Blount County Dizzy Dean All Star team was losing 5-4 in the top of the 5th inning of our area tournament with bases loaded and on defense. Our pitcher wall starting to unravel a little and it was not looking good. Their next batter hit one to 1st base and our first baseman let it bounce out of his glove. Our 2nd baseman backing him up, caught it and tagged first. He then whipped around and made a throw to third who threw it to catcher (my son) who tagged the runner on retreat back to 3rd for a rare triple play. Then we go in to bat with everybody screaming and dancing around over that crazy triple play. 3 of our runners load up the bases and my son Auston hits a GRAND SLAM over center field!!! We go on to win the game 12-5 and clinch a berth in the regionals! That's one for the baseball memory books LOL.

• Like 2

OH MY GOSH!!! I am one proud Dad! Never dreamed this might happen. Last night our 10yr old Blount County Dizzy Dean All Star team was losing 5-4 in the top of the 5th inning of our area tournament with bases loaded and on defense. Our pitcher wall starting to unravel a little and it was not looking good. Their next batter hit one to 1st base and our first baseman let it bounce out of his glove. Our 2nd baseman backing him up, caught it and tagged first. He then whipped around and made a throw to third who threw it to catcher (my son) who tagged the runner on retreat back to 3rd for a rare triple play. Then we go in to bat with everybody screaming and dancing around over that crazy triple play. 3 of our runners load up the bases and my son Auston hits a GRAND SLAM over center field!!! We go on to win the game 12-5 and clinch a berth in the regionals! That's one for the baseball memory books LOL.

Outstanding..... Congratulations to your son and the team....(and dad)....

Edited by Boxx
  • Like 1