Baseball Thread

Sancho Panza

Neither were the Greeks & Romans, but Providence used their culture to spread Christianity throughout the known world.

English is pretty close to a world language; much to the dis-like of the French.

C'mon man. Providence? Once the Romans adopted Christianity, (Greeks had nothing to do with it as an empire) they spread it through the sword. RE: Charlemagne. It's not just the French who dislike the English. Plus, believe it or not, French was the official language of the English court for centuries.

Didn't the Chunnel end all of this?

Edited by Boxx

Yes, 1 of 3 in the CWS, I think & 1 of 4, career for that Senior, spread out over all 4 years.

Those teams of destiny seam to always have stories like that; & the player who had to start, because of a suspension...

I know you hate OU; but, the last time they Won the Football NC, they lost not 1 start to injury. Better to be lucky than good; although I takes a great deal of both to go 14 & 00.

Yes, 1 of 3 in the CWS, I think & 1 of 4, career for that Senior, spread out over all 4 years.

Those teams of destiny seam to always have stories like that; & the player who had to start, because of a suspension...

I know you hate OU; but, the last time they Won the Football NC, they lost not 1 start to injury. Better to be lucky than good; although I takes a great deal of both to go 14 & 00.

I saw in the paper today that they (ou regents) have approved a $340 (plus) million package to upgrade their stadium.... All with private funds... They have some deep pockets at ou.

My Great Uncle made All-South (prior to SEC) playing end for Tulane, circa 1920.

i played one game for UCLA back in the day…was a teammate of jackie robinson. But, that was only in a made for tv movie. (TNT network). Andre Braugher played Jackie Robinson.

Greek was the universal language the hand of Providence used to spread the Gospel, if you aren't a believer, I can't help you.

Yes, literate people know French as a courtly & diplomatic language through much of Europe, not just England.

Neither were the Greeks & Romans, but Providence used their culture to spread Christianity throughout the known world.

English is pretty close to a world language; much to the dis-like of the French.

C'mon man. Providence? Once the Romans adopted Christianity, (Greeks had nothing to do with it as an empire) they spread it through the sword. RE: Charlemagne. It's not just the French who dislike the English. Plus, believe it or not, French was the official language of the English court for centuries.

Did you sneak in a raiders logo for the camera?

nah---they're pretty strict; but, that would have been epic, funny thing a few years ago my brother becomes friends with an actor named Stan Shaw. Stan played Joe Louis in that same movie. it's a small world…unless your car breaks down, then it's a very big world.

Edited by BigStewMan

Interesting that the old scrolls found from the time are not in greek. Believing is a different subject and has nothing to do with it.

The Old Testament in Greek was in common use among Jews, who were dispersed throughout the Empire. The Gospel of Luke is thought to have been written in Greek as were Paul's letters.

There is still MLB. And don't forget World Cup excitement.

Yeah, great sport for Americans.

We didn't score today against Germany, lost the game, and we're cheering the outcome. :blush2:

Well, yeah because it is a tournament. Now in the next round that will not hold true.

Well, for the Horn's, there is always next year...

After all during the playing of the CWS, UT becomes the University of Texas at Omaha.

Now that's something where any UT fan can show pride...

Hook'em

(Oh football, where art thou???)