Highly technical question

eth2

It was a long day. I came home and continued to sand (what a mess I made with a belt sander) and then put Minwax on the speakers. I wanted to take the backs off so that I did not get Minwax all over them. Guess that went as well as the belt sander.

Edited by eth2

I made a real mess. I have spent MANY hours with a sanding block trying to minimize the damage. Opinions vary (from little to some) as to how much I mitigated the gouging.

Glad I didn't need to refinish that Khorns!

When I asked someone who knows me for an estimate on refinishing the basement several years ago he responded that it would be expensive, unless I had tried to do some of the work myself in which case it would be VERY expensive. Guess it was clear as to why he responded as he did.

• Like 1

go to lowes and get a palm random orbit sander, buy some paper ranging from 120 to 220 in grit, never let the sander set still, and keep it flat to the surface, no need to worry about following the grain, follow up with block hand sand around 300 grit paper

refinish to desired type / color

I prefer the dewalt random orbit with the hook and loop backing

go to lowes and get a palm random orbit sander, buy some paper ranging from 120 to 220 in grit, never let the sander set still, and keep it flat to the surface, no need to worry about following the grain, follow up with block hand sand around 300 grit paper

refinish to desired type / color

I prefer the dewalt random orbit with the hook and loop backing

Some day I will learn to ask you guys FIRST!

try these techniques out on the 901's 1st! Now you have a wonderful reason to own such a great example of BS(Bose Shet! cheers eth2

Still suffering from Bose envy aren't you Beeker? :)

I can make you a deal!!!

Sorry about your problems.

The "very expensive" quip reminds me of the tale about the sign in the automobile repair garage. It reads:

Labor charges:

$50 per hour.

$75 per hour if the customer wants to watch.

$100 per hour if the customer wants to help.

- - -

Seriously, if you've messed up the wood with the belt sander, you may want to investigate veneer of the pre-glued type. I haven't used it but it should not be very different than contact paper. No insult intended.

Best,

WMcD

insult intended 901's are poop :lol:

I know...I have owned 3 pair :rolleyes:

Best to you eth2...im gonna keep at it...your best bet would be sell the eq, speakers and stands separate(toss the cabinets)...this will get you the most money back to buy your belles....and get them off your signature(who wants bs in their sig?? :D )