RF7 in curved side cabinets

Building these for a friend using the RF7 horn and driver and RF7ii woofers. Cabinet is a little wider at front, narrower in back and a little deeper than RF7ii cabinets.

Braced these suckers well with 5 horizontal braces per cabinet. Just finished 6th coat of wipe on poly. Need to build grill frames and install foam and speakers take a listen.

post-21976-0-17040000-1400008089_thumb.j

post-21976-0-85160000-1400008336_thumb.j

post-21976-0-00160000-1400008448_thumb.j

Thanks guys. I used 1/2" bendable plywood (2 layers) on the sides and wrapped it around the 5 braces and attached with PL premium adhesive (nasty stuff) and 8 million staples. I used Titebond glue between the 2 plys with some rubber open weave drawer liner. It is very hard and stiff. Then I applied the cherry veneer and 3/4" solid cherry on the top.

The bendable plywood is great stuff (no kerfing involved). The sides are 1" thick and very solid. This is a lot easier than the prior 45degree angle side build I did (and won't do again!).

That's the problem I alluded to in your "pro" thread in the other section of the forum. You now have what amounts to a new loudspeaker.

I would try and get the internal volume and ports as close to the RF-7ii as possible. I strongly suspect that the RF-7ii and RF-7 use the same compression driver (P.Audio). If that's true, then you could use the crossover from the ii.

That's the problem I alluded to in your "pro" thread in the other section of the forum. You now have what amounts to a new loudspeaker.

I would try and get the internal volume and ports as close to the RF-7ii as possible. I strongly suspect that the RF-7ii and RF-7 use the same compression driver (P.Audio). If that's true, then you could use the crossover from the ii.

Troy said it was different. And that the new rf-7ii xo would not work in the older 7s.

I'm using the K-67 tweeter driver used in the RF7 and the new RF7ii woofers. So far I'm playing with the RF7 crossover schemdatic fromthe forum using Dean G's suggested Mills resistor on the cross leg in the tweeter circuit. I tested the woofers on the woofer tester and a friend ran specs in bass box and I got 3.7" dual flared end ports with internal volumei right at 4cf. I haven't installed speakers yet since xovers aren't finished but they sure sound good in open air with just one woofer hooked up.

I think the K-67 is the Paudio BMD440. Not sure who makes the K-701-G driver used in the RF7ii but it looks larger in a photo on the forum about removing the xover in an RF7ii. . They have different klipsch model numbers and the 701 is about half the price of the 67.

From reading on the forum I understood that the RF7ii switched to 1200HZ xover from 2200hz in the RF7 because of a larger horn that would handle the1200 hz xover.

Yes, I applied the cherry aircraft grade veneer over the two layers of 1/2" bendable ply then attached solid cherry wood trim on fronts and top.

Any nput or help with crossover would be welcome.

Thanks Dean. I didn't have anything to compared the tweeter section on this with your resistor mod to a non-resistor mod but it is very clear and precise. No shrillness. The woofers are very capable and provide great impact. So far everyone who has heard them are very impressed.