going to check out some cornwalls

freddy

El:

Of course no hard feelings! I'm really happy it was you that got them. I mean, you are starting out your Klipsch experience with one of the best there is. (Save the mighty K-Horn! - YOMV)

You will have to give us all a report on how they sound, and all your related equipment, although I know they are really going to be sweet on that Fisher 500C.

Congrats!!!!! cwm16.gif

Jobman

------------------

Cornwalls (borrowed from Jazman - THANKS)

Chorus II's

Wright Sound 3.5 - 2A3 Monoblocks

Wright WPL-20 PreAmp

Jolida 602A CD

Thorens TD-165

Silverline Speaker Cables

Various Monster Interconnects.

Forte II's

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool, I'm glad you're not miffed. Like i said before, you were very gracious, i appreciate it. You are a great bunch of guys on this board. i've been combing the archives when i get a spare minute, reading about my new toys. only a couple more hours of work! I'll be sure to give a report.

As for my equipment, I've got:

a Denon DCM370 cdp

a Music Hall MMF-5 tt

plugged into the Fisher 500c

and don't forget the tuner on the 500c - it can rival my sources, and i listen to it quite often. Theres actually some really good radio here in SC.

have a great weekend! I'll post after get it hooked up and have some spare time.

-Eric

el...I too got my first taste of Klipsch when I bought a pair of Cornwalls used in 87. For the first couple of months, all I could say about them was WOW! Not a bad deal you got there.

Job...I just had a deal go south on a second pair of Cornwalls, so I know how you feel.cwm36.gif

This message has been edited by Vavoline on 07-20-2002 at 08:19 AM

Congratulations on getting the Cornwalls. Tubes & Cornwalls are con

mucho gusto sonicos. I have 2 pair of Cornwalls-1977 & 1983. Just bought a pair of Welborne Labs Moondog set amps. I like el tubo de un aparato electronico amplificador. I picked up

an electronic Speaking Franklin Merriam-Webster Spanish-English dictionary at Office Max for $79.99 on sale, $20 off. Spanish professor-professor de ingles. Growing up in South Texas I took Spanish lessons in Elementary school. Picked up lots of cuss words as I got older. I have always regretted not learning enough Spanish to be able to communicate. I want to be able to communicate effectively with my Mexican hermanos-brothers & sisters. This electronic dictionary will be a tool to help me learn Spanish. Well enjoy your Cornwalls, they are an excellent speaker. That was $375 well spent.

Regards, Mike

------------------

Hooked 'em up friday night. They sound amazing. they make beautiful music. These things are HUGE! fortunately they sound great at low levels with the fisher 500c, so being too loud isn't too much of a problem(neighbors). Saturday afternoon i had friends over for a bbq/party, they were quite impressed, although they all think i've lost it. We were listening to all kinds of music, although mostly on cd. Pretty much everything sounded great, barring some specific recordings of certain kinds of music. I was busy most of the rest of the weekend, so i didn't really get a chance to try out any of my old jazz records. Looking forward to that this week.

thanks for the enthusiasm, everyone! you guys define the word 'enthusiasts'!

------------------

eric

Well, gooooly... them thar Corwalls sound so good I moved the thrown outside so I could hear em next door to ya!!..LOL

Seriously, you have a great pair of speakers, your gonna hear things you probably never have before. Enjoy and don't worry about the size issue with friends..They, too, will salivate for the Klipsch sound soon enough.. woo hooo...

• 3 weeks later...

Ok El Cheapo!!!

What gives? Selling already? You are as bad as I am.

See Ebay item #1372143618

I'll give you $400 for them.

Oops, already above that.

Jobman

------------------

Chorus II's

Wright Sound 3.5 - 2A3 Monoblocks

Wright WPL-20 PreAmp

Jolida 602A Tube CD

Thorens TD-165

Silverline Speaker Cables

Various Monster, Rat Shack Interconnects.

Forte II's for Surrounds

...Sad. I would be reluctant to give up my Cornwalls. But, what really stinks is Jobman let these babies go to someone he thought was serious about cherishing some great vintage speakers (like himself). Turned out to be about the money. I was suspicious when El Cheapo bailed on the bulletin board as soon as he made his aquisition. (If my post is in error please accept my sincere apologies.)

This message has been edited by Klipschguy on 08-09-2002 at 04:10 PM

slow down there bud,

the truth is they are really quite big for my place, i do need the cash, and more importantly, i thought the sound wasn't quite for me. I just didn't quite like them compared to the little Axiom m3 that they replaced(pictured on top of the cornwalls in the ebay post) - AT first. Also, my live-in GF and roommate both hate them.

Although, this week they have been growing on me, and i realized what great sound they were putting out. i am definitely second guessing my decision, and i will probably pull the auction, as i told jobman in an email.

As for bailing on this BB, i have been lurking regularly, posting little. i do my lurking from work, so i have little time for writing lots of posts! this little accusation i had to respond to.

NO hard feelings, hopefully. It really wasn't motivated by profit.

-eric

------------------

eric

You really need some low powered tube gear to really appreciate what a horn can do.

As for the auction -- I believe since Jobman for the most part completely backed off of them so you could get them in the first place, you really should have given him first dibs instead of putting them up for auction to the general public.

It also begs the question as to why you did not post them for sale here at the forum -- since you knew it likely several would be interested. Of course, everyone here knew what you paid for them. You say it's not about the money -- but it sure does look like it.

I'm not the biggest fan of the old Heritage stuff, but I'm betting the problem is more your electronics rather than the speakers.

thing is, the seller never said 'this guy has first dibs'. This was conceived by you guys on this forum. i talked to the guy, said i wanted to check 'em out & probably buy 'em, he said fine. never mentioned any deals with anyone else. who had 'first dibs' is moot. we found out about each the day i was going to go see them. your beef (not that any of this is your business) is with the seller who told us both and other people, that they had a deal.

and if i want to sell them on ebay, i'm sorry, but thats my goddamn business. I didn't really like the sound of them, and i could use the money. So what? Jobman - a good guy and apparently the reference for ethics on this board - said himself in this thread he'd probably sell them himself at a profit - and he's doing that now on ebay with two pairs of his own klipsch speakers. are you going to question his ethics for not offering them to people here first?

damn

------------------

eric

dean- i was using them with a fisher 500c tube receiver, and my sources are pretty good. they are sounding better, to the point where i am thinking about cancelling the auction.

allan- right back at ya. if you want to float me $750 for next months rent, i'll be happy to sell them for $375. and you'll do it unless you want me to think you're an *******. sheesh. where do you come off? Unless you're going to help me out with my financial matters, you really have no business criticizing me or my actions.

I am sorry to come to your level, but its hard to stay cool in this heat while people are attacking you in a mob fashion.

peace.

------------------

eric

OK guys!

I didn't mean to start anything here. I was just giveing El Cheapo some gentle ribbing about the quick turnaround. I was NOT blasting him.

His explanation of them being to big is reasonable, unless you have never seen a pair of Cornwalls. (My wifes reaction was much the same when I brought my first pair home - but after that, it made it easy to move to K-Horns)

And El Cheapo is right, it is his business, and we shouldn't give him a bad time. I am selling the Chorus II's and FOrte II's I bought, as I have something bigger coming that requires more $$$$. I am also selling 2 guitars, guitar amp, A/V switch and a car part.

I think my problem is the upgrade disease we all get stricken with. At some point, and soon I hope, I can back off, but until I get the DAC, new TT, and assorted cables, I am still moving pieces.

Anyway, I am NOT the poster child for ethics, and I do have a post on here somewhere that says I am selling them, but as there have been a few Fortes and Chorus' for sale lately, Ebay is still the place to go.

I enjoyed our friendly competition for the speakers. I am still glad he got them, and if they don't work for him now, there will be other Klipsch's that do later.

Good luck in the auction El! (And me to, I hope)

Jobman

Eric,

Sorry about my last post - especially the bailing on the bulletin board thing (you obviously haven't). I know what it's like to be a little short on cash and you do have the right to sell for what ever reason. I just did not get a good feeling when I saw you were selling them so quickly. After rereading this thread, it does appear the seller was giving the mixed messages, not you. Anyway, whatever you decide, there are no hard feeling and your welcome in this forum as far as I'm concerned.

Rock on,

Andy

First off, you guys tell el cheapo to buy those damn cornwalls as fast as he can - but it turns out he is in competition with someone else, who lets them go.

What was he supposed to do?

He buys them - he owns them - he can do whatever he wants with them - for any reason.

HE CHANGED HIS MIND - SO WHAT!

In any case, have yourselves a fine weekend!

N.P. The CURE (Boys Don't Cry - 1979)