New setup

Kman

Haven't posted here in ages- but I recently purchased a new setup for my office, for music only. Picked up some RF62 II, RC62II and a pair of RF52II for surrounds all in cherry. SO far I think it sounds great. Picked up a new OPPO 103 too so now I can play al formats of music on disc or digital files. Though I would share a few pics. I traded up from 2-pair of RB3's and a RC52 center. I've been buying tons of new discs lately so I figured I should get a proper set up to listen to them all.

5capuv.jpg

6fmd0x.jpg

Edited by Kman
  • Like 2

thanks, I also hooked up my HD-XA2 HDdvd player to see how it sounds through the analogs. I've read that it used some pretty good DACs.( Wolfson WM8740 hi performance stereo DAC) I must say its a hell of a cd player. sounds great on the new speakers. good to get some use out of some older gear. The only downside is the player is a bit noisy. I also tried out my old Sony DVPS-7000 as a cd player too for the hell of it. Definitely having some fun with the new setup. Huge step up in soundstage from previous setup.

• Like 1

Looks great. Why music only?

Its for my office so basically as I am working on the computer or doing some paperwork I can play some music. I have a home theater setup in my living room, RF7 set up, which I love. Just started a house addition (broke ground this week) and I will be building a dedicated media/movie room for that set up. I'm sure I'll get the upgrade bug sooner or later too for that system. but for now I have no complaints. I will definitely set up the new room for music & movies since it will be larger and a bit more comfortable to enjoy music.

Edited by Kman

Why not just two channel then? Do you do a lot of multi channel stuff?

yes I do. Lots of sacd & dvd audio. I know some might think it gimmicky- but the five channel stereo mode sounds really good when playing just cds. I play lots of two-channel also-but was just listening to the new blu-ray audio of goodbye yellow brick road- and it really rocks in 5.1.

Nice. Looks more like a maple color. Very pretty. Bet it all sounds great!

Ha- your right- got my woods confused- it is indeed maple. yes its perfect for what I am using it for.

Edited by Kman

Nice. Looks more like a maple color. Very pretty. Bet it all sounds great!

yeah, wow...that subs gorgeous

thanks- I picked it up a few years ago- not sure they offer it in this finish anymore. Cherry would be great but I can't be too fussy. I do like it much better over the usual black matte finish. It is a great little sub. size is deceiving for sure.