WTF ?

T2K

I don't read many threads on this forum any more but when I do I see more and more members responding to sale threads not with interest in the item but with a bunch of smart a$$ quips and comments about the sellers item or asking price. That is usually followed with a slathering of salve explaining what a close knit bunch of smart a$$es we are here reasoning that is what called for the welcoming responses. Not that we had any interest in the item in the first place.

WTF isit whit dat?

Keith

• Like 6

I know right... and yet life goes on.

just like this post... in the wrong forum.

Tanks for your constructive smart a$$ response schu. It pretty well mimics all your response here that I've read.

Keith

• Like 2

I don't read many threads on this forum any more but when I do I see more and more members responding to sale threads not with interest in the item but with a bunch of smart a$$ quips and comments about the sellers item or asking price. That is usually followed with a slathering of salve explaining what a close knit bunch of smart a$$es we are here reasoning that is what called for the welcoming responses. Not that we had any interest in the item in the first place.

WTF isit whit dat?

Keith

Its strange that this isn't policed at all by the forum crew. I have said the same thing and it fell on deaf ears. This is a case of the many out weigh the few. Im surprised with the age group of the members you really wouldn't think this would be an issue.

• Like 2

I think the forum does a pretty good job of self-policing-through-condemnation. People have bad days. People have sarcasm and snark. It doesn't all just disappear the moment you log into a website - personalities will always clash and grind, as they do in any other social environment.

• Like 4

I have probably bought as many posted items through the Forum as anyone (and in a much shorter period). I appreciate discussion of the items in terms of the quality (e.g., crossovers improvements, better horns, comparisons to other recent sales, etc.) and costs. While some posters take a dim view of price discussion, I just don't see the problem. In my view, there are some members who use this Forum as a private eBay. That is fine, however to attempt to stifle discussion as to quality and cost seems antithetical to the purpose of a discussion forum.

No doubt those who see the profit potential of limiting discussion as to items for sale will flame in and attack. So be it. I do not defend rude or insulting comments directed at OP's. However, I also do not countenance stifling constructive discussion.

Just sayin'

• Like 4

Why is a public discussion of an item for sale "rude?" The questions and opinions are equally relevant to all prospective buyers. What is the "secret?" If this logic was correct, Consumer Reports would be the "rudest" publication on the planet. Again, I do not defend comments made to embarrass, harass or intimidate the seller.

This has been a source of disagreement since I first joined the Forum and will not be resolved in this thread. We all have our opinions and mine is that as long as the questions and opinions are relevant to the sale and made in a respectful, businesslike manner, they are legitimate.

We just disagree. No need to get personal.

Edited by eth2
  • Like 3

Why is a public discussion of an item for sale "rude?" The questions and opinions are equally relevant to all prospective buyers. What is the "secret?" If this logic was correct, Consumer Reports would be the "rudest" publication on the planet. Again, I do not defend comments made to embarrass, harass or intimidate the seller.

This has been a source of disagreement since I first joined the Forum and will not be resolved in this thread. We all have our opinions and mine is that as long as the questions and opinions are relevant to the sale and made in a respectful, businesslike manner, they are legitimate.

Like I said some will justify it. But its still what it is. Complaining about the price on something your not even going to buy has no place imo.

• Like 1

I would be offended if it was my add. I think a high % of people would feel the same way. But to some thats still not rude I guess.

If people are offended by someones comment and they pretty much knew they would be. I don't know what else to call it sorry.

Edited by reference_head

Like I said some will justify it. But its still what it is. Complaining about the price on something your not even going to buy has no place imo.

Don't misquote me. I never said it was appropriate to "complain" about the price. However price comparisons (e.g., "I sold mine for X" or "The last three were listed for $v to $Z" is appropriate information. Further, if you sell an item in a public forum, you should expect a respectful discussion of your item. Sorry Reference-Head, we disagree and misquoting me or getting personal does not advance your argument.

Have a nice night - it is past my bedtime. :rolleyes:

Edited by eth2

Not sure how I misquoted anyone. I'm just giving my opinion. And as you can see your offended by it. No different sir.

You might not see it as complaining about price. But when I read it as a 3rd party it sure seems like it to me. I guess if my point is not made at this point it never will be. So with that I will move on :rolleyes: .

I gave you a thumbs up on your post for that, but I felt the need to give you an additional "+100" for your common sense regarding comments on replying to market place ads.

"If you can't say something nice, then ..."

• Like 1