Yeah- I get Klipsch pro at WORK!

colterphoto1

I've been working at a local theater for the past couple of years. Not a movie theater, but one that hosts local musicals, corporate presentations, not for profit events, the occasional film. A local film society has graciously donated a set of Klipsch Pro speakers to us. Here's what I'll be working with:

3 x KPT904/940 (dual 15" with K510 horn)

2 x KPT 484 (single 18" Sub)

8x KPT102B surrounds with bracket

I need your help. Can't find much on these on eBay, for some reason the SEARCH here of Forum won't return any results. Management needs valuation for insurance purposes, and for gift purposes we need a FMV.. If you've purchased any of these used recently, could you please PM me pricing? I really don't have much idea on these. I understand that a few of you may have purchased recently through the cinema program, if you have the 'street' price that would be helpful. Klipsch has this bizarre USDC pricing which is like an MSRP that no one actually pays, it's always some discount off of that depending on several factors.

Thanks! I'll post pictures when I get them moved and as they are installed.

Currently the setup is as follows - there is a hung cluster of Renkus-Heinz 15" with horn that are properly splayed, and have downfill horns in addition. That system is tri-amped with a really horrible Peavy 2x15 bandpass box (ugh). Additionally, we found a pair of beautiful Meyer CQ2 self-powered 15" 2 ways, and those sit on the stage wings. It's going to be a chore determining which speakers to use for which event, or how to integrate them all together.

Michael

I've been working at a local theater for the past couple of years. Not a movie theater, but one that hosts local musicals, corporate presentations, not for profit events, the occasional film. A local film society has graciously donated a set of Klipsch Pro speakers to us. Here's what I'll be working with:

3 x KPT904/940 (dual 15" with K510 horn)

2 x KPT 484 (single 18" Sub)

8x KPT102B surrounds with bracket

I need your help. Can't find much on these on eBay, for some reason the SEARCH here of Forum won't return any results. Management needs valuation for insurance purposes, and for gift purposes we need a FMV.. If you've purchased any of these used recently, could you please PM me pricing? I really don't have much idea on these. I understand that a few of you may have purchased recently through the cinema program, if you have the 'street' price that would be helpful. Klipsch has this bizarre USDC pricing which is like an MSRP that no one actually pays, it's always some discount off of that depending on several factors.

Thanks! I'll post pictures when I get them moved and as they are installed.

Currently the setup is as follows - there is a hung cluster of Renkus-Heinz 15" with horn that are properly splayed, and have downfill horns in addition. That system is tri-amped with a really horrible Peavy 2x15 bandpass box (ugh). Additionally, we found a pair of beautiful Meyer CQ2 self-powered 15" 2 ways, and those sit on the stage wings. It's going to be a chore determining which speakers to use for which event, or how to integrate them all together.

Michael

Best You email chao at cinequip. He is the guy I and most other have went through. 904's new run about 1500.

Not sure which sub your talking about they're is a large kpt-884 like I have and then a smaller 418. The 418 runs 780. The kpt-884 runs 1373. These are off my last quote I got.

The surrounds I couldn't tell you. Never asked about those models.

• Like 1

Yes 904's are 1500$ delivered to your door. Most people don't realize how cheap the cinema stuff really is. And they are SO much better than any Klipsch speaker I have heard to date. At least the 904's are anyway with the b&c de75 driver. It's a good driver.

• Like 1

I've been working at a local theater for the past couple of years. Not a movie theater, but one that hosts local musicals, corporate presentations, not for profit events, the occasional film. A local film society has graciously donated a set of Klipsch Pro speakers to us. Here's what I'll be working with: 3 x KPT904/940 (dual 15" with K510 horn) 2 x KPT 484 (single 18" Sub) 8x KPT102B surrounds with bracket

Your local theater is lucky to get such a generous donation of Klipsch speakers, and fortunate to have you around to set them up for maximum listening enjoyment. How many seats in your theater?

A really good deal would be the kpt-325. They are around 1,100each. They have the same horn but only one 15". In my room I wonder if I would hear a difference.

probably wouldn't be able to tell a difference. I was told the bass bins provide additional output. That's all.

A really good deal would be the kpt-325. They are around 1,100each. They have the same horn but only one 15". In my room I wonder if I would hear a difference.

probably wouldn't be able to tell a difference. I was told the bass bins provide additional output. That's all.

I think your right. Did you ever get your KPT-100's up?

I was fortunate to do a comparison of the single, dual and quad 15" LF Systems along with a Jub LF all with a K402 HF and based on my experience I believe most people could hear the difference in a controlled comparison. For any given SPL the amplitude modulation distortion is reduced as the radiating area (ie: number of drivers in the DR designs or Horn Loading of Jub's drivers) is increased in these LF bins which results in a perceived increase in clarity and sense of dynamics at any given SPL.

The question becomes a matter of which system fits an individuals needs based on sound quality desired, physical size that can be accommodated and cost.

miketn

• Like 1

I was fortunate to do a comparison of the single, dual and quad 15" LF Systems along with a Jub LF all with a K402 HF and based on my experience I believe most people could hear the difference in a controlled comparison. For any given SPL the amplitude modulation distortion is reduced as the radiating area (ie: number of drivers in the DR designs or Horn Loading of Jub's drivers) is increased in these LF bins which results in a perceived increase in clarity and sense of dynamics at any given SPL.

The question becomes a matter of which system fits an individuals needs based on sound quality desired, physical size that can be accommodated and cost.

miketn

I would love to hear a 4x15" cab.

miketn

Yes Mike, I have the three 904's here at the house and will curve and listen to them vs my various LSI systems (3 at current), but even at the discounted price of $1500 per stack, I can keep a threesome LCR of LSI for the price of ONE BOX of 904. Bill Hendrix tells me that the 904 absolutely will smoke a LSI, still I love the punch of the folded horn, have THX subs so LF extension is not an issue. Wonder how good a LSI LF/ 501/75 combo would be?

M

Bill Hendrix tells me that the 904 absolutely will smoke a LSI,

A little correction on the quote:

I believe the 904HF (DE75 on 510) is superior to the LS HF, imho. You have a fabulous 2" driver in the 75 vs a 1" in the LS. The LF is somewhat akin to Cornwall vs LS, direct radiator vs horn. I had 402 on LS LF and it was terrific. Two stacked LS LF with the 904HF would be even better. Horn precision all the way. Hmmmm, wouldn't that be like a Jubilee? :D

Edited by bhendrix