Deang LaScala/Crossover Thread

Deang

Craig bought some nice Belles that came with some networks I built. The networks are Type AAs without zeners. Oil or not, they are still metallized caps, and the mids are probably a little too forward (subjectively).

I like the 1 db steps in the non-Klipsch autoformers. This allows much more precise voicing of the critical midrange in passive networks. Otherwise it has to be L-pads or Active gain control.

Edited by ClaudeJ1
  • Like 1

Craig bought some nice Belles that came with some networks I built. The networks are Type AAs without zeners. Oil or not, they are still metallized caps, and the mids are probably a little too forward (subjectively).

Hey now my opinion is never subjective.... ;) LMAO!! Hey I don't despise them.... I just wish the previous owner would have flipped for Jensen PIO's but I bet Dean was not offering those at the time. I may put Jupiter's in those also at some point just to see for myself. I can probably trade Dean for something on all this work LOL!!

I think my crossovers in my Belle's are straight out Type A's though.

No colors without Blues... there is no blues without gospel... there is no gospel without Psalms.

That made me chuckle all to true!!

Nice, very nice! My beginning quote was from Dr. Who... but Schu, this is much better. :emotion-21:

Well, I know I get criticized for this by some, but what "I offer" depends on what I learn by talking to the customer. I recommend a network and some different capacitors to choose from - and they make the final decision. To be honest, it often just comes down to what can be afforded as far as the parts go. I've always offered the Jensen, and usually recommend it for the Type A. There was a stretch where I couldn't consistently source them, so I fell back on the OIMP V-caps, which btw, sound phenomenal in the SuperX.

Well, I know I get criticized for this by some, but what "I offer" depends on what I learn by talking to the customer. I recommend a network and some different capacitors to choose from - and they make the final decision. To be honest, it often just comes down to what can be afforded as far as the parts go. I've always offered the Jensen, and usually recommend it for the Type A. There was a stretch where I couldn't consistently source them, so I fell back on the OIMP V-caps, which btw, sound phenomenal in the SuperX.

Well, they sure sound good in my version.

But what's next?

When I tell you stuff, that doesn't mean I want you announcing the release. If I wanted a sales department, I'd hire one.

Seriously, it's interesting to me that buried deep in that noggin of yours, is an association between me and the fecal matter of bats - do you remember what it is?