FS: La Scalas

eth2

I bought these La Scalas a month or so ago and I love them. I sanded down the cabinets and stained them BUT I am an amateur at this and it shows. After staining with dark oak, I put about 5 coats of poly on them. The cabs also have a few places where the veneer was damaged and I filled those spots in with word filler. They are presentable, but not anywhere near mint.

I just found a mint pair and bought them (pick up tomorrow). So these must go. They have rebuilt (two weeks ago) Crites AA crossovers and new diaphragms in the tweeters also put in by Bob. I have about $1,100 in them and will sell for $950 firm.

I will get pictures as soon as I can.

Earl

Edit: As always, feel free to discuss price, ask questions, make whatever comments you wish. I do not find it to be rude.

Edited by eth2
  • Like 2

If you had these when you made that trip to Maine you could have dropped them off and the sale could have help offset the price of those Khorns!

From the pics, they look like you did a good job on the refinishing.

The stain is a bit streaky in sunlight as I am not a pro. However, I think they are attractive and have had a few compliments from people who have stopped by (including the Sheriff). :)

• Like 1

Speaking of veneer, I've had two estimates on veneering a pair of Cornwalls with good quality walnut veneer, nothing exotic. The estimates were $500 and $450 for the pair.

I did mine for way less actual cash. Labor was free for me. Might not be a bad deal though.

• Like 1