LEGEND Series - very clean

colterphoto1

Ok, how about pristine?? Pair of matched veneer oak, unfinished. That's right - this is a special pair stored by a collector. The labels on the cartons say 'match with s/n xxxxx' and they both match each other. Perfect absolutely minty condition, still in cartons. Will remove for photos later this week. Asking $800 per pair due to rarity. You may finish these any way you like, they have no stain, oil, paint or other finish on them. They were purchased as RAW and are still in that condition today. So if you love the Heritage series, and need a slightly smaller set for a room in your home, this is your dream pair of Klipsch.

Edited by colterphoto1
  • Like 2

I would finish them for a purchaser if they so desired, clear oil or a medium walnut oil would give the medium oak finish similar to what Klipsch used. I have no facility for painting however ( and honestly, that would be a sin here)

• Like 3

Did you ever have that problem where you love a pair of loudspeakers, but the color is wrong? Here's your chance to own some NEW IN BOX Legend series speakers in RAW OAK, so you can finish to whatever color suits yours (and SWMBO) decor.

• Like 4

Within the week, I'll have Quartet, forte, forte II, Chorus II lined up in the shop for RTA and listening tests. This should be fun! The Chorus II are also NIB NOS if anyone is interested. Raw Oak finish, from a very special collection. The forte are a beautiful walnut with the brown/black grilles, I put two coats of oil on them and the grain just POPS!

So thats:

Chorus II Raw Oak, NIB, NOS asking $1000

forte II Oiled Oak (which are in my home office now, not sure what I'll keep and what I'll sell)

forte Oiled Walnut - with black/brown grilles, lovely matched grain, recently oiled.

Quartet Raw Oak NIB, NOS asking $800

For the uninitiated NIB is New in Box (as in never been played except to test, never installed in a home, yes they have lived their entire lives in boxes).

NOS = New Old Stock, older models that are 'as new' as in never been used, flawless, minty.

Edited by colterphoto1
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

As I recall, the Legend Series was limited to the KLF's. I bought the KLF-30's in the late 90's and they are part of my HT today (along with KLF-10's in the rear and a C-7 center). Don't think any other models were included in the Legend line.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...