CW1526(C) alternatives?

Arash

as I can't buy woofer from Bob, I'll look woofer from other brands that could be used instead of CW1526© in a Khorn or LS cabinets. I've access to Beyma from Spain and BMS from Germany. does anyone have any experience about what I'm looking for?

Beyma 15LX60V2 does 30Hz -3b in ~120L BR cabinet. I wonder if it will work in a LS or Khorn cabinet?

thanks,

Eminence Kappa Pro 15C

For a Lascala like speaker or other single folded horn, these will work great. Just model it properly to get the right dimensions of the horn and you will do fine with these. But again I don't know if they are available to Iran.

• Like 1

Beyma SM-115K
I would go for this one!

this one is really interesting. low fs and hi efficiency. but 15LX60V2 also simulates well in WINISD even thought it has a 42hz fs. but I think SM-115K would work good both is LS and Khorn cabinets from fs to 400-500hz

I would think you would want the T/S specs of the original woofer and then match that up as close as possible with an alternative?

not exactly the same but I'll use them in LS and Khorn cabinets. some of these woofers are twice price of a CW1526C and I don't see why they should not be even better!

Would the Beyma SM-115K have any improvements over the Crites 1626c in a Cornwall / Cornscala box?

it's a low fs drivers good for smaller cabinets. still the 15LX60V2 seems relatively better even with higher fs:

post-41711-0-76020000-1405049153_thumb.g

• Like 1

I believe that if you model drivers that approximate the following paramters in Hornsrep (using Khorn or La Scala horn input parameters) you should be able to come close. I can't seem to find them now, but I've seen the Khorn and La Scala Hornsrep input paramters on the forum somewhere. Maybe someone that has the Hornsrep input parameters for either the khorn or La Scala or both will post them.

Lower Fs (<30Hz although <34Hz should be fine)

Higher Qts (>0.5)

Larger Xmax (>6mm)

Larger BL (>10 T*m)

Nominal impedance of 4ohms (horn loading approximates 8ohms)

Compliance numbers ~ (0.3mm/N)

Edited by Fjd

Price doesn't determine if something will work good in that arrangement, T/S parameters do.

just as K33 works in Khorn and LS doesn't mean it's the "perfect" match for'em. there might be other drivers available to come along nicer considering T/S

does anyone know the internal volume of a LS dog house and a Khorn woofer chamber? I think if a woofer can be tuned in a LS doghouse and cover the same frequency range a K33 does, there won't be any problem to use it.

You're going at this wrong.

Why don't you read the horn papers by DB Keele (ex EV, Klipsch, and JBL) and WM Leach (prof Georgia Tech)?

Download Hornresp by McBean.

thanks man. I downloaded hornresp but I never practiced with this program. I don't know where to start! there is no tutorial about it and those parameters look absolutely unfamiliar to me (edit some of them mean something lie LE BL SD CMS)

could you please explain me what is Hornresp at all and what does it do? how can I model a folded horn like La scala in it?

Edited by Arash

You're going at this wrong.

Why don't you read the horn papers by DB Keele (ex EV, Klipsch, and JBL) and WM Leach (prof Georgia Tech)?

Download Hornresp by McBean.

thanks man. I downloaded hornresp but I never practiced with this program. I don't know where to start! there is no tutorial about it and those parameters look absolutely unfamiliar to me (edit some of them mean something lie LE BL SD CMS)

could you please explain me what is Hornresp at all and what does it do? how can I model a folded horn like La scala in it?

There are a couple of forums where people have started primers to help users understand the hornsrep basics. The thread at the link below may be of some help to you.

http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/diy-subwoofers-general-discussion/36532-hornresp-dum-hmm-everyone.html

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...