MCACC

Cosmic_surfer

Most automated calibration software like MCACC, Audissey, EmoEq set the system flat, and that is how it will sound - Flat! I prefer adjusting with my hearing/perception and not that of an $20 omnidirectional microphone. AV System Calibration disc, RTA/SPL meter will yield far better results.

First one was a store display rvx-70. This 2nd unit is an sc-65 won on ebay. Honestly it isn't hard to keep track of them... Why do so many used ones come without? I wish I could manually set my system up... But I am as novice as they come when it comes to these things... I dont know what would sound good, better, best. Untrained hearing.

MCACC does a good job of setting things up and does more than just EQ the speakers. Get a mic and play with it, once you figure it out you will be happy with the results. It does tend to set things a bit low on the sub bass though, I always wind up turning the sub settings up.

I had the same experience as tromprof. MCACC dials the base down to much. Once it is done just dial up the sub a bit and you will be good to go.

I struggled understanding the whole process but once I found this it was easy to make friends with the process. You might want to have a look at this thread for some helpful insight on the process.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-receivers-amps-processors/1112470-official-pioneer-mcacc-thread.html

use the three point method of calibration... it's FAR BETTER than the LP method.

MCACC is great for setting up distance and reverb also... but I generally agree, I have to dial up LF setting post MCACC when I run it but I save that setting on another channel so I have both the original and a modified version and can switch back and fourth between them (I actually have three setting I use depending on source material).

I love to blend my own settings.

Edited by Schu