Klipsch RF7mk1 and Emotiva xpa 5

Retep

Hi there!

Just signed in here at this forum, but have been reading along here for som time. 

I`m in the market for an power amplifier for my Klipsch RF7 mk1 and for the rest of my home cinema speakers. RB75, RS7, RC7 and my 2 RSW15. 

I listen to music 70% uf the time, and watch movies 2-3 times a week. Got my own room for this setup. Anyways...

I just got an answer from EMotiva that I don`t need the power that the XPA5 gen2 would give me, and that the UPA series would be more than enough for my setup. I have also been reading som bad things about Klipsch + Emotiva, when it comes to humming and hissing sounds. But many others haas no problem with them togehter. Anyone here that has tried the XPA5 gen2 with Klipsch RF7mk1?

I`m thinking of buying the XPA5 first, Use it for the mains, center and surround back ( RB75 ) and let the reciver ( Pionner vsx Lx50 witch it is called here in Norway ) do the job withe the sorround ( side speakers RS7) sisnce that is the speakers with the easyest load.. Save up som more cash then go for an XPA2 or XPA1 for the RF7mk1 speakers.

Will get a new prosessor also, but right now, it is the power amplifiers I need. The poor Pioneer has no chance powering all 7 speakers.

So any thoughts on that combo?

And sorry for my bad english, wasn`t a good student at school... 

post-58835-0-84220000-1408425832_thumb.j

Welcome to the forum.  Some members have good synergy with the Emo amps and no hum or hiss.  You may be surprised if your avr has Class D or D3 amps.  The Pioneers Elites can swing 270 plus watts when pushed.  I use a 5 ch. amp but, it may be overkill since I run everything set to small.  Others will chime with their experience and Emo.

Edited by derrickdj1

Hi, thanxs for the reply. My Pioneer has class A/B and the specs says 110w @ 8 ohms. No way! Had a 50w class A that playd better, more controll and I could play louder than I ever could with the Pioneer. The Pioneer goes into klipping some kind of static noise when I play music/movies in 7.1. already at -15db on my recivers mastervolume. Så I`m hoping that a 5channel amp will help.

I use the Emo XPA-5 with an older set of KLF-10s. I was using a Marantz 8500 avr and now use it just as a pre. I was blown away at the diffence the seperate amp made, specifically in the thightness of the bass. No hum or hiss issues.

My experience Emo with Klipsch

XPA-1s with Belles = bad juju; much too much gain resulting in floor noise hiss

XPA-5 with Belles works just fine (currently in use in HT mode)

XPA-5 with RF-83s / RC-64 / RS-7 the combo worked fine no noise

I am one who had bad joojoo with all of my klipsch and the xpa5. All of them I heard floor noise on and it drove me batshit crazy. Emotive makes good product and I have been pleased with the minix and my wb14's on my computer with no floor noise there.

I have. A solid 125 watts a channel from my outlaw of my is and it's good stuff. I always say the more power you have the better as long as it is good clean and quality from top to bottom. Having 200 watts a channel is great if you can get it.

I always suggest you consider outlaw audio as a competitor because they have rock solid performance and are known through and through for their amps. Rotel makes a very good amp that sounds good with klipsch so consider them and they have decent prices.