Any Virginia K-horn owners around?

Shakeydeal

I do love my Cornscalas, but thinking about the natural progression of moving up to Klipschorns. This is a speaker I have always wanted to hear, but never had the opportunity. I am just curious if there are any forum members in the southern virginia area that would be willing to demo their Khorns? I would bring the adult beverages........

Shakey

• Like 1

PWK designed the Khorn 60+ years ago.  He set out to design the Khorn II which became the Jubilee.

It came out at the 50th anniversary of the Khorn.  PWK felt the Jubilee bested the Khorn by such a margin that it deserved its own place in the lineup.

There are some folks (myself being one) who feels the Jubilee is a significant improvement over the Khorn.  There are others who might have different opinions (some of which have never heard the two side by side as I and some others have)

It's a formidable speaker.

There are some folks (myself being one) who feels the Jubilee is a significant improvement over the Khorn.  There are others who might have different opinions (some of which have never heard the two side by side as I and some others have)

Hey! Listening to both speakers is cheating! :D

Edited by Cut-Throat

Two words. Bigger Soundstage. I have heard both. I have my jubilees set up in a dedicated theater room. Here is my setup:

Left and Right Channels: Klipsch Jubilee's with TAD 4002 drivers on top. Top Horns being driven by Mcintosh MC402. Bottom's driven by Crown K2

Center Channel is the Klipsch KPT-4350-MS being driven by Crown XLS2500 in mono

Side Channels are Klipsch KPT-1201-T2 being driven by Crown XLS2500

Rear Channels are 2010 Klipsch La Scala's being driven by Mcintosh MC7270

PrePro is the Marantz AV8801

Blu Ray running the movies and SACD is the Oppo 105D

Active Crossover for the Left and Right Channels is the Electro Voice DC ONE

2 Klipsch subs

Video is the JVC DLA-RS49U Projector

Screen is roughly 147 inches.

I don't mind at all demonstrating my Jubilee's. Let me know when would be good for you. Here is what you will be listening to, but I have moved them to a dedicated room now.

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo170/ntcrusher/DSC00497.jpg

Oh man if those things sound anything as they look, I bet the sound horrible.  

Just kidding, very nice setup.