50th Anniversary K-Horn cross over dead, who to fix it?

cayenne

I seem to think there are some Khorn crossovers for sale in the "my new DeanG" thread although Dean and Bob are great sources (disclosure, I have Dean's)

Pardon my ignorance...but is a crossover not a crossover? I mean...if it is KHorn crossover to spec, what would be a difference between one vs another?

Thanks in advance,

C

let's see. There is stock (as originally made) but may not be available from the OEM, made to original spec but using currently available components, original design but using components with tighter tolerances, original design but using components that people believe sound better or perhaps a new design all together. These I listed would of the be passive design. On the other hand, you could go with active crossovers that would require separate amps for high, mid and low frequencies. Lastly, you might find used stock crossovers. The last option leaves you with older components which might have drifted out of spec. Most folk agree that capacitors which are 20 + years old have lived their life and are more than likely out of spec.

As others suggest check other things first but if you have 'chewed' wires you need the crossovers rebuilt or replaced.

Edited by USNRET

Me too, it's amazing what rodents will eat/through.

I know it's hard to believe, but some of us have become an extension of Klipsch's service department.

If the networks are damaged, you have the option of repairing or replacing.

I believe these use the AK-3 crossover, and Bob offers a nice replacement version of those at a very reasonable price.

I'm expensive and unreasonable. I'm also terribly backed up right now.

Edited by DeanG
  • Like 1