New! home theater build project

Scrappydue

I know bro... I'm always in tweak mode. Thinking what to do and what's next. I don't think that will ever go away. At least not being on here everyday.

im thinking pro amp for lcr and then transducers.

Transducers? You lost me.
bass transducers ref. how have you not heard of these!?!? Install under seat and shake your couch for that tactile feeling that subs have a hard time producing in a basement. Look them up on oarts express. And YouTube.

My transducers come in tomorrow.  I ordered the Aura Pro (6).  I am not sure if I will like them but, I can always send them back.  The Buttkicker are stronger in power handling.  I heard they can vibrate the seat more with music than the Pro.  That sounded undesirable, lol.  Most likely I will leave them off except for movies.

• Like 2

I know bro... I'm always in tweak mode. Thinking what to do and what's next. I don't think that will ever go away. At least not being on here everyday.

im thinking pro amp for lcr and then transducers.
Transducers? You lost me.
bass transducers ref. how have you not heard of these!?!? Install under seat and shake your couch for that tactile feeling that subs have a hard time producing in a basement. Look them up on oarts express. And YouTube.

Lol I have heard of them. Didn't think you meant those with your subs,  :D

• Like 1

A sub near field will smack you chest like a truck falling on it. It will also shake your teeth loose. And thats a pb13. I can't imagine what one of your 18s would do. Any spot for one right behind 2nd row?

tons of room behind the second row for four more. problem is that would cost another 2300$. i can get transducers for much less. and other thing would be that i never sit in the back row. 

The Clark and Buttkicker are suppose to have more ULF. But, it is my understand that the Arua Pros go into the ULF also. There is plenty of tactile sensation in the 20 Hz region if it is strong. I certainly see that when I do a sweep.

depending on how much moolah I have I will prolly got with aura but I've just read a lot about the Clark being more powerful and also cleaner like a Svs quality sub to a Klipsch sub-12. Kind of that the aura can be one notey. Where as the Clark could even be used with magic IF you wanted. I never would. Don't know why you would need to shake with music.

My transducers come in tomorrow.  I ordered the Aura Pro (6).  I am not sure if I will like them but, I can always send them back.  The Buttkicker are stronger in power handling.  I heard they can vibrate the seat more with music than the Pro.  That sounded undesirable, lol.  Most likely I will leave them off except for movies.

My seat vibrates with Danley DTS-10 subs, as do my calf muscles, so no shakers for me, but I have always wondered if they really worked. Let us know when you know.

Edited by ClaudeJ1

My transducers come in tomorrow. I ordered the Aura Pro (6). I am not sure if I will like them but, I can always send them back. The Buttkicker are stronger in power handling. I heard they can vibrate the seat more with music than the Pro. That sounded undesirable, lol. Most likely I will leave them off except for movies.

My seat vibrates with Danley DTS-10 subs, as do my calf muscles, so no shakers for me, but I have always wondered if they really worked. Let us know when you know.
are you in a basement or upstairs? Or I guess I should say are you in a concrete slab?

I am in the basement and have them installed.  They are noticeable at 12 Hz and get really strong at 14-16 Hz and above.  They make the couch feel like it is going to come apart.  So far, I like them but, I am not done playing and tinkering with them.  Four in the couch is plenty so, I will have to see what to do with the other two.  The Clark tranducer is suppose to be much stronger.  Anymore shaking and you will need a seatbelt.  To strong my be annoying.  These come in when they should and then disapper.  Dayton makes a good product for the price.  The couch went from medium to firm in spots, lol.

Edited by derrickdj1

My transducers come in tomorrow. I ordered the Aura Pro (6). I am not sure if I will like them but, I can always send them back. The Buttkicker are stronger in power handling. I heard they can vibrate the seat more with music than the Pro. That sounded undesirable, lol. Most likely I will leave them off except for movies.

are you in a basement or upstairs? Or I guess I should say are you in a concrete slab?

Concrete slab. biggest issue is vibrating objects in the room. Used to vibrate heat ducts when I had twin VMPS Large subs in a basement with my MWMs stacks. Now it's even worse with the Danleys. In the Indy house, on wooden floor, loose doors down the hall and my door knocker were vibrating. Took a while to find the offenders and eliminate the problems. That is the biggest issue with moving that much air. These shakers may be the best thing to use for the ULF since they add new meaning to Zappa's term: Sheik Yer Booty.

Edited by ClaudeJ1

So far the shakers I am thinking of as a separate part of the uLF for the HT.  The feel is a definetly different tweak to the HT.  Since they are a voice coil, xo them over low will keep the voic and low bass out so that you don't hear them when you should not.

• Like 2