Tiny House (448 square feet)

mungkiman

I've often thought about turning an old brick schoolhouse or church (one 20'x30' room) into a nice HT. I would keep the outside looking stock, but the inside would be modern. Does an open cathedral style ceiling work well for sound, maybe even with exposed wood beams?

I've often thought about turning an old brick schoolhouse or church (one 20'x30' room) into a nice HT. I would keep the outside looking stock, but the inside would be modern. Does an open cathedral style ceiling work well for sound, maybe even with exposed wood beams?

No complaints here............... :)

post-51278-0-25240000-1409518141_thumb.j

post-51278-0-25200000-1409518190_thumb.j

post-51278-0-22760000-1409518254_thumb.j

• Like 1

• Moderators
Does an open cathedral style ceiling work well for sound, maybe even with exposed wood beams?

My vote would be YES, in almost all cases.

The best place I have every heard a concert was many years ago in New Orleans, it was called the Warehouse, because it was a very old warehouse. It had an all wood inside, huge beams, open ceiling and it held only a few thousand people. The sound was great in there and it had some really big names play. It had a cement floor, to help with this the promoter (Beaver productions) would give anyone free admittance if the brought in a 10'x10' piece of carpet. In no time it was very roughly carpeted, ok it was just thrown on the floor :o  but it helped. It was great place to see a concert, a few bars were set up around the place, the sound was wonderful. imo

• Like 1

No complaints here............... :)

attachicon.gifPICT0026.JPG

attachicon.gifPICT0072.JPG

attachicon.gifPICT0055.JPG

Yea….looks good man.

Does an open cathedral style ceiling work well for sound, maybe even with exposed wood beams?

My vote would be YES, in almost all cases.

The best place I have every heard a concert was many years ago in New Orleans, it was called the Warehouse, because it was a very old warehouse. It had an all wood inside, huge beams, open ceiling and it held only a few thousand people. The sound was great in there and it had some really big names play. It had a cement floor, to help with this the promoter (Beaver productions) would give anyone free admittance if the brought in a 10'x10' piece of carpet. In no time it was very roughly carpeted, ok it was just thrown on the floor :o  but it helped. It was great place to see a concert, a few bars were set up around the place, the sound was wonderful. imo

Very interesting. Thanks.

I see one down the road from us.  It's still on wheels but I suspect they will be removed when it is in it's final orientation.  They have moved it around a little apparently trying to get the view of the valley that they want.  New window going in the other day.  Seems like it will be low maintenance due to it's small size.

I have a tent that is almost as big. 

Stained bevel cedar lap siding is intended for the ADU, to set the homes apart.

Hope to have a burn party this weekend to get rid of the junk in the foreground, because it's dangerous; rusty nails in 2x4s from the old garage.

Local wildfires are already affecting our air quality, so we might have to wait until after a good rain to burn, or take the junk/scrap to the dump. This photo is our smoke filled sky at around 4:30 today, but the dump costs money and I like a good fire...

post-6935-0-19600000-1410834280_thumb.jp

Edited by mungkiman