Tiny House (448 square feet)

mungkiman

96 square feet for kitchen, bath, shower, and closet corridor.352 square feet for living, dining, and bedroom...

Tight.

Try150 sq.ft  for everything.  No bath just a shower.  been there done that.  Believe me, that will tell you everything you need to know regarding compatibility with a spouse.

• Like 1

I love it! That's my kinda place. Im serious!

Yep I like it too...can wait to see the finished product, jubs and all.

Finished product is going to take a while. I tell people about what I call the builder's triangle, where each point of the triangle represents a single ideal: Good, Fast, and Cheap.

You can only choose 2, because you won't also get the 3rd... 

• Moderators

If the ceiling inside is going to be sheeted on the roof rafters to expose the cross boards that would make it look bigger with some character and more storage area ? Still tight but for two, not terrible but tight, like George Carlin said you need less stuff.

If that was setting in the right "setting" it would be much easier to deal with, an open area with a nice view and privacy, but that would probably eliminate the being cheaper part of the situation.

The ceiling will be vaulted, with the collar ties exposed. A loft above the kitchen, hot water heaters above the shower, and additional storage above the closet.

Good corners, but she doesn't "get" my speakers. She just gets me...

The framer is amazingly talented!

These tiny houses interest me. I don't think I'd be all that happy living there for too long, because I'd certainly find a way of filling it with stuff. However, I could see vacationing in one as long as there were things to do outside.

Some tiny houses are pretty cool, with modern design and furnishings, and I've even seen one that fits in a full-sized kitchen. I think I'd still like to have a full-sized house, with separate bedrooms, an office, a living room, dining room, and kitchen (and it doesn't need to be huge), but I'd have a tiny house like this in the backyard for guests. My grandparents had an estate with a guest house for many years before deciding to move to be closer to their kids and grandkids, but I had a great time whenever we would visit. Hence the idea for using the tiny house as a guest house. I could also rent it out and make some money.

For audio in a tiny house, I'd have a pair of RB4 and a SW-311, but I'd probably just take my RB-25 and Velodyne MiniVee, which I already own, so I wouldn't need to buy anything. Audio would be fed directly from my PC via an external DAC with volume control. Simplify, simplify, but don't give up on deep bass.

Edited by Taterworks