At what point is a Jubilee considered a "Clone?"

Boxx

To be a "clone", it would have to be an EXACT replica (dimensionally speaking) as the real thing. There might be one at this point, and I'm not even sure about that -- only the owner knows for sure, and he's not saying.

I think this is an aspect many here don't realize.  A clone has to be exact.  A similar "knock off" is one thing, but a clone is another. 

Except that the word clone can be used in different ways. The first thing I thought of was an exact match, but if you look clone up in the dictonary you see it can also mean similar, ect.

:)  Two can play that game.  Since the "actual" response of each Jub that comes out of Hope wont be EXACTLY the same with the next or the last, maybe they're clones as well...and maybe they're not.

The only components that I have on my Jub's, that are not Klipsch made, are the drivers (B&C). I do have a set of K-69-A's that I purchased a couple of month ago (new). 

My crossover is passive and was built by a fellow forum member. 

I suppose I'm a modified Jub owner.

The only components that I have on my Jub's, that are not Klipsch made, are the drivers (B&C). I do have a set of K-69-A's that I purchased a couple of month ago (new). 

If it's a B&C DE 75-8P then that is an option that Roy gave us on the K402 and he has an active crossover program for home use.

The only passive  crossovers that I've seen designed by Roy for us home Jub owners have been with either the K 69-A or TAD TD-4002 (also works well with the TAD TD-4001). Was your passive a design by Roy?

miketn

If it's a B&C DE 75-8P then that is an option that Roy gave us on the K402 and he has an active crossover program for home use.

The only passive  crossovers that I've seen designed by Roy for us home Jub owners have been with either the K 69-A or TAD TD-4002 (also works well with the TAD TD-4001). Was your passive a design by Roy?

miketn

I'm not certain if my passive was a design from Roy.

It was built by speakmeister, a fellow forum member.

He would know the answer to this question.

My current drivers are B&C DE 75-8P's.

All this info is very helpful.... Thanks.

A jubilee clone would definitely begin with the cabinet. If The cab is produced in Hope then no matter what you do it is a "KLIPSCH" jubilee. Without doubt a 402 on top with what ever on earth driver you pick still makes it a Klipsch jubilee.

It wouldn't matter what crossover you use its a jubilee without doubt. The same would be for drivers. For example, you Boxx have apparently tried multiple setups with said drivers and find one that works for you best at this time.

I say this all considering the modifications of at least 20-25%+ of the klipsch forum users plus others and their klipsch speakers with even as simple as a diaphragm switch in drivers to complete inner cab rework and driver swaps etc...within klipsch cabs which make the speakers and/or provide harmony to tailor the sound for their preference in material reproduction. Maybe another 10-15% using other drivers or crossovers within factory klipsch cabinets after driver or network damage or decomposition and still calling them klipsch.

A klipsch cabinet is the soul or the sole foundation of a klipsch speaker. In my opinion even a jbl or ev horn and driver upon the jubilee cabinet results in a jubilee. That may not be the best combo but it is a jubilee cab regardless. For example I have seen other speakers such as k22,k55&k77 with klipsch factory networks in weird boxes which I personally do not consider a heresy which is only made by klipsch.

I do find the title to this thread to be a bit outside the box. And with a jubilee it may not be found within the box. Although to try and answer a question from the klipsch forums own Boxx. I find it is what is outside that counts most in this situation. Although in this situation "what works best" in some situations are inside the klipsch box. Or upon the cab in the jubilee configuration.

The klipsch jubilee is very much appearance with the factory cabinet. Klipsch jubilee speaker if the cabinet is assembled in a/thee klipsch facility by a klipsch employee/s or tech/s and pass "klipsch" inspection regardless of crossover or driver&horn configuration results in a jubilee. A 402 or 510 horn undoubtedly upon the jub cab is a jub. Its all about the cabinet

A jubilee clone sounds like it may be/sound very bad. Driver and network are very minimal aspects to ever install a "clone" label. What works with a factory produced klipsch jubilee cabinet may vary very diversely which also imo is what a jubilee is about and what it was meant to be or has become regardless

• Like 1

I do find the title to this thread to be a bit outside the box. And with a jubilee it may not be found within the box. Although to try and answer a question from the klipsch forums own Boxx.

Pun intended? :tongue:

• Like 1

Well, I guess when it's not made by Klipsch?

This

Agree with much of what has been said............" made in Hope"..... is the deal.   

Cloned bass bins have been constructed exactly to Hope (PWK/Roy) spec's and with K31 drivers.  Perhaps there are numerous examples out there???  Is this about badging or are we questioning the sound quality of clones? 

The K402  horn and some of the active units are just too wonderful. 

But lets remember that the original Jub ran a K403 horn and a passive network.  That setup sounds too wonderful as well. 

We are speaking of cloned bass bins here right?  

tc