It's Here!

BigStewMan

Quarantine should be required for everyone that has been in contact with patients or from area containing Plague.

Quarantined people should be made as comfortable as possible.  But need to be monitored.

We need to treat the people as best we can, but realize that confinement by any other name is still confinement.

Just my view

Club Ebola, if you will. Private room, with free buffet and open bar...

"...and it shall be known as Clubola...and there will be much rejoicing across the lands..."

Give the doctors, and all other medical staff coming home to the states a Luxury accommodations.  Or at least a reasonable  Facsimile.  We cannot forget the help that travels with them.  We really do need to with  something that that makes  the  quarantine  seem more like Club Med.  The people can interact as they please.  

I THINK YOU SHOULD BE QUARANTINED AFTER DRINKING A SIX PAC,,,AND NOT GET IN A CAR AND DRIVE,,...BUT WHOs GONNA STOP YOU..

I think you should stop posting negative condescending remarks, but who will stop you ??

Its odd that you took the time in the NY thread to explain how old you are and all you have seen, and yet all you post are childish remarks in an attempt to belittle others views

Posted 25 October 2014 - 10:59 AM

"I might be the oldest person on this forum,,,But I have seen a lot of horror diseases in my time,,,  As a child small pox was the scare,,, POLIO struck in our neighborhood,,,,a friend of mine I played with, now was in a lung machine,, We just played soft ball the week before,,, He was paralyzed from the neck down,,that machine was his only life support...He eventually died... another friend of mine, She developed an allergy,,,we were teens,, She died within two weeks, Would you believe I still think of her ?...   Violence and WAR took more of my friends... EBOLA is not a oops disease,, neither was the past diseases,,,,,Drive by shootings just killed a little girl last week,,,,, That's why I moved from St.Louis,,, That accoured on my block,,,AN oops civic problem ??   IT SEEMS WE HAVE BECOME HARD,NT TO OTHER TYPES OF DEATH,,, and are jumping scared,,putting blame on our first line of defence,,,The hospitals,doctors and nurses,,This new disease is as new to them as all the other deadly disease that have happened,,,  "ITS GOING ON ALL THE TIME"   We also have POLITICLE mindset disease,s that start wars..."

I wont call you a liar, but you make it hard to believe someone with your supposed age and experience would continue to stoop to such behavior

You have made it very clear you think Ebola is a non issue in the USA, everybody has seen your posts so consider yourself recognized,  and feel free to stop posting in a thread you obviously only post in to antagonize others. 

Edited by joessportster
  • Like 1

There are many countries around the world that correctly fear Ebola getting loose in their populace.  Here, in America - even though we enjoy a higher standard of healthcare - we do not have systems in place to manage large numbers of a contagion like Ebola.  This we witness every time we have seen an Ebola case in this country.  Yes, we can cure it - but at the extremes of our own resources - with the maximum of efforts and dedication.  1 case commands lots of effort to treat safely.

So it is paramount to not give Ebola any chances to spread, even here where it can be effectively treated.  A 21 day quarantine for those who have given of themselves to treat Ebola in other countries is extreme - but it is the only way we can assuredly insure containment.  There are alternatives being worked on.  For the time being tests to diagnose Ebola are costly and time consuming.  But, there are reports of inexpensive and fast tests that will make it a lot easier to determine who has been exposed to the virus.  In the interim - error on the side of safety - Ebola is a monster not so easily put back into its bottle.  This we see today in Africa.

JOES... ITS HARD TO BELIEVE HOW IGNORANT YOU ARE TO ALL THE SUFFERING AND DEATHS THAT HAVE ACCOURD WITH ALL OTHER DISEASES,,,.. ALL THE HAND WRINGING ABOUT THE SPREAD OF THIS DISEASE HAS NOT HAPPENED... BUT THE OTHER SICKNESSES I HAVE SEEN ARE MUCH WORSE,,,,MY AGE HAS SEEN THE HISTORY OF WIDESPRED SUFFERING... INCLUDING THE GASSING OF PEOPLE..

Dully noted Zako, you're a bigot - we understand.  It's real hard to respect your elders when all they do is run their mouth.

There are a good amount of people who'd still be alive today if better enforcement of border security was in place, that includes in the matter of Ebola - or are you going to sit here and tell us we're wrong about that too?  I wonder what the families of these people would say about that - or the family of the officer that was murdered by an illegal alien-twice-deported.

Tch...but whatever, you're the only person who can be right and smart here.  That's the problem with the internet, everyone thinks they're a damn expert on everything...

Edited by IbizaFlame

JOES... ITS HARD TO BELIEVE HOW IGNORANT YOU ARE TO ALL THE SUFFERING AND DEATHS THAT HAVE ACCOURD WITH ALL OTHER DISEASES,,,.. ALL THE HAND WRINGING ABOUT THE SPREAD OF THIS DISEASE HAS NOT HAPPENED... BUT THE OTHER SICKNESSES I HAVE SEEN ARE MUCH WORSE,,,,MY AGE HAS SEEN THE HISTORY OF WIDESPRED SUFFERING... INCLUDING THE GASSING OF PEOPLE..

We're not discussing other disease and mass die-off events and Ebola HAS happened, just not in our own backyard.  Your clear understanding and abhorrence of disease and death should trigger Ebola alarms, not complacency.  There is NO need for Ebola to start here - so why give it any opportunity when a few very prudent steps will contain it?

On the other hand - if you wish to soapbox a tremendously idiotic and ongoing human tragedy start a new thread about tobacco smoking and I'll be right there with you all fired up to end that scourge.  :)

• Moderators
On the other hand - if you wish to soapbox a tremendously idiotic and ongoing human tragedy start a new thread about tobacco smoking and I'll be right there with you all fired up to end that scourge.

Very true :ph34r:

Not Ignorant about the past diseases at all nor am I ignorant about the damage they caused, I watched a friend with polio step off a 6 inch step and her leg snap like a twig..........Horrifying to say the least,

The issue is not what you or I have see the issue is Ebola and the mis handling of its containment here in the USA

I dont think anyone has said anything to try and belittle the past diseases that may have been worse, but the fact is they are not a CURRENT event

Ebola is certainly WIDESPREAD in West Africa, and in my opinion It only makes sense to take the measures here in the USA to make sure it does not become widespread  here.  

We here on the forum are not alone in that quest Polls (as much as I hate to stoop to using them) show 67% of the public want travel bans, I will forego the political reasoning I believe is stopping the so called leaders from enforcing bans

It should be quite clear that WE ALL UNDERSTAND YOUR VIEWS ON Ebola, and in fact sympathize with anyone witnessing the atrocities you mention, However it has nothing to do with current events and your Childish attempts to belittle and or demean others here only prove to undermine your position and your reputation. 

NOT SO DAY OLD BREADBREATH,,,,BUT YOU NEED TO PUT THIS DISEASE IN PROPER PERSPECTIVE... ITS LESS A THREAT THAN A SHOT TO THE HEAD,,,AS HAPPENED IN CHICAGO LAST WEEK... 2 DEAD , 9 WOUNDED...... YOUR NAME CALLING SHOWS YOUR IGNORANCE....

I THINK YOU SHOULD BE QUARANTINED AFTER DRINKING A SIX PAC,,,AND NOT GET IN A CAR AND DRIVE,,...BUT WHOs GONNA STOP YOU..

They call them POLICE...and trust me, they will find you and "quarantine" you in a jail cell until you're free of that nasty side-effect.

Ebola is certainly WIDESPREAD in West Africa, and in my opinion It only makes sense to take the measures here in the USA to make sure it does not become widespread  here.  

We here on the forum are not alone in that quest Polls (as much as I hate to stoop to using them) show 67% of the public want travel bans, I will forego the political reasoning I believe is stopping the so called leaders from enforcing bans

I believe that the main problem with a travel ban is answering just what does 'widespread' constitute and where should travel be banned?  For example, I’ve talked to seventeen people consecutively and not one knew that there are approximately 47 countries on the African continent mainland. 

Each person actually thought that Africa was the "country" in question; however, in reality, the continent of Africa is larger than the entire continent of North America.  To think about it another way, think about a travel ban for the entire west coast of North America that consists of part of Canada, the U.S. and Mexico. :blink:

I need to update my research; however, at last check, in reality, only five countries out of the 47 countries on the African mainland have had Ebola cases in the current outbreak.  

As you indicate, all of them; Guinea, Liberia, Nigeria, Senegal and Sierra Leone, are located in the western part of the African continent.  In addition, the last I checked, Nigeria and Senegal have since been declared Ebola-free by the World Health Organization after going six weeks without any new cases.

It would seem that all of the panic, anxiety, nervousness, apprehension, angst and general fear that has been engendered in the news and on many forums, may be primary through various, multiple interpretations of the events taken out of context instead of people taking a real hard look at the facts and considering relevant alternatives immediately available and considering the relevant alternatives available in the long term.

Edited by Fjd

NOT SO DAY OLD BREADBREATH,,,,BUT YOU NEED TO PUT THIS DISEASE IN PROPER PERSPECTIVE... ITS LESS A THREAT THAN A SHOT TO THE HEAD,,,AS HAPPENED IN CHICAGO LAST WEEK... 2 DEAD , 9 WOUNDED...... YOUR NAME CALLING SHOWS YOUR IGNORANCE....

There was no name calling,(except by you noted above breadbreath) and its painfully obvious your intention is to spew ignorance in an attempt to pull someone to your level,  I will forego any further attempt to enlighten you and simply allow you to continue to undermine yourself :emotion-45: