It's Here!

BigStewMan

need to stop all travel in and out of there.

Having worked in the health care industry the new and non treatable diseases are some of the most scary things.  My nephew has cancer, and getting chemo.  He got sick and had to go the the hospital for 3 days.  While there he developed MRSA which is one of risks of going to the hospital. 

To many of the diseases have developed resistance to the treatments we have to fight them.

I have fears that if mankind does not destroy itself, the microbes and viruses will. 

• Like 2

need to stop all travel in and out of there.

Having worked in the health care industry the new and non treatable diseases are some of the most scary things.  My nephew has cancer, and getting chemo.  He got sick and had to go the the hospital for 3 days.  While there he developed MRSA which is one of risks of going to the hospital. 

To many of the diseases have developed resistance to the treatments we have to fight them.

I have fears that if mankind does not destroy itself, the microbes and viruses will. 

Good vibes sent to your nephew. I hope all goes well. 

• Like 3

When an infection does occur in humans, the virus can be spread in several ways to others. Ebola is spread through direct contact (through broken skin or mucous membranes) with

• blood or body fluids (including but not limited to urine, saliva, feces, vomit, and semen) of a person who is sick with Ebola
  • objects (like needles and syringes) that have been contaminated with the virus
  • infected animals
  • Ebola is not spread through the air or by water, or in general, food. However, in Africa, Ebola may be spread as a result of handling bushmeat (wild animals hunted for food) and contact with infected bats.

http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/transmission/

• Like 3

No, you are not, which is why they could confidently say everyone else on board the flight was not at risk (from him). Further evidence of this is Dr. Kent Bradley, the TX dr. that was infected and ultimately cured. His family was with him in Africa and left a week or so before he began to show symptoms - none of them ended up with the virus.

Dr. Kent Bradley,

what a guy! I watched a show last week about him. A nurse tending to him got some blood on her. She wasn’t particularly alarmed as she knew what to do in that situation; but, she said he said to her, “i hope you don’t get ebola; but, if you do, i’ll take care of you.” That made a profound impact on her--and rightly so.

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 1

When an infection does occur in humans, the virus can be spread in several ways to others. Ebola is spread through direct contact (through broken skin or mucous membranes) with

• blood or body fluids (including but not limited to urine, saliva, feces, vomit, and semen) of a person who is sick with Ebola
  • objects (like needles and syringes) that have been contaminated with the virus
  • infected animals
  • Ebola is not spread through the air or by water, or in general, food. However, in Africa, Ebola may be spread as a result of handling bushmeat (wild animals hunted for food) and contact with infected bats.

http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/transmission/

Nothing better than a post that is loaded with facts. Hat's off to you Mr. ( Daddy) Smith or Thad Dad or maybe Thaddy Daddy.....

Edited by deep3shot

Yea I ran into the same misinformation on hep-c with my family. Also work places think they know it all. I had had it all my life and the wife never got it so it is almost impossible to get unless you shoot drugs. No longer have it thanks to new drug. Rick

Nothing better than a post that is loaded with facts. Hat's off to you Mr. ( Daddy) Smith or Thad Dad or maybe Thaddy Daddy.....

My wife is an RN and I'll be starting an RN program within the next year or so. Facts are crucial in the healthcare realm. 

Nice Thad, so is mine, has her masters in oncology nursing (or whatever you call it.)

This is a bad deal.

I just read this today:

"The New York Times said Duncan, in his mid-40s, helped transport a pregnant woman suffering from Ebola to a hospital in Liberia, where she was turned away for lack of space. Duncan then brought her back to her family’s home and carried her into the house, where she later died, the newspaper reported."

OK, using the rule of believe half of what you see and none of what you hear, if this is actually true, the ebola patient's actions of knowingly being exposed to an ebola patient and then getting on a plane is criminal. 

Apparently he did not want to cancel his vacation plans.  Gee, you don't want to be inconvenienced and have to delay your trip right after you have just been exposed to one of the most deadly diseases in the world.  It looks like the limitless feeling of self entitlement extends well past the USA's borders.  This is disgusting behavior and he is personally responsible for anyone who is infected by him.