It's Here!

BigStewMan

Guest Steven1963

If you are not familiar with Zerohedge that's your problem.  And if all you are interested in is what a handful of mainstream media outlets report (which are all owned/controlled by a very few .001%'ers) that's also your problem.

Perhaps you would have a good explanation as to why the government recently purchased 160,000 hazmat suits?

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/lakeland-industries-announces-global-availability-of-hazmat-suits-for-ebola-274892141.html

Or didn't your mainstream media tell you about that?

Guest Steven1963

lol. this is not about winning or losing.  This is about being real.  Personally, I'd rather have an abundance of caution and be fully aware.  If it looks like paranoia fine. I've learned over the years to watch what they do, not listen to what they say. It works for me. That doesn't work for some. 

Edited by Steven1963
  • Like 1

Hate to say it but perhaps the fact that he died here will raise awareness that simply traveling to  another country does not mean you will survive.

Hopefully it will mitigate the belief and give people pause about lying in order to travel for believed better care

read all the links you guys posted some good info and different points of view,  I fear we have not seen the last of this,  It seems somewhat casual contact might be an issue as the nurse in Spain has admitted she MAY have touched her face with a contaminated glove after treatment of a patient

• Moderators
CECAA850, on 08 Oct 2014 - 1:08 PM, said:

I was reading that this guy will stay contagious days after his death.  Hospital workers were told not to remove any IV or tubes of any kind.  He's to be wrapped in several leak proof bags and shipped out.  That's one nasty virus.

Why not give him to the military and have him dropped where ever there dropping bombs ? 

I know that's cold but so is war or whatever they call it now,  :o  stick some explosives to him and blow him up at a few thousand feet................guess it's why they don't let people like me plan these things ? 

• Like 2

Good riddance.  I'm just a bit upset about the fact that this man knowingly boarded a plane and came over here after being exposed to this virus. I'm even more upset that in 3 weeks I am flying to cancun for vacation and I have a 4 hour layover in Houston going down and coming back.  All paid for and non-refundable.  And now I have to consider NOT going because of the possibility he left a present with everyone he came in contact with down there.  

Well, I certainly don't rejoice in anyone's demise regardless of the circumstances.  Compassion is a necessity for a meaningful life in my opinion.  I've lived far too many years selfishly--putting my own interests first--and i can attest that it eventually leaves you empty in the end. Money, possessions, and pleasure don't fill that void. Why he did what he did is not known to me and i can't fill in the blanks with a "good riddance" attitude, and i doubt that his intent was to ruin your vacation.  Someday you're going to want someone to show mercy or compassion towards you.

I really don't think cancelling your vacation is in order.  An inanimate object doesn't seem a good host for any virus and i seriously doubt it would stay alive for weeks outside of a host.  Take your doctor's advice over any media outlet--if anyone lies more than the government, it's the media ... you know, they are a for profit business--they're not looking out for you, they just want readers so they can demand more advertising dollars.

Edited by BigStewMan

CECAA850, on 08 Oct 2014 - 1:08 PM, said:

I was reading that this guy will stay contagious days after his death.  Hospital workers were told not to remove any IV or tubes of any kind.  He's to be wrapped in several leak proof bags and shipped out.  That's one nasty virus.

Why not give him to the military and have him dropped where ever there dropping bombs ? 

I know that's cold but so is war or whatever they call it now,  :o  stick some explosives to him and blow him up at a few thousand feet................guess it's why they don't let people like me plan these things ? 

Mix in a dozen hogs to the dirty bomb as well!!

Roger

• Like 1

Guest Steven1963

Good riddance.  I'm just a bit upset about the fact that this man knowingly boarded a plane and came over here after being exposed to this virus. I'm even more upset that in 3 weeks I am flying to cancun for vacation and I have a 4 hour layover in Houston going down and coming back.  All paid for and non-refundable.  And now I have to consider NOT going because of the possibility he left a present with everyone he came in contact with down there.  

Well, I certainly don't rejoice in anyone's demise regardless of the circumstances.  Compassion is a necessity for a meaningful life in my opinion.  I've lived far too many years selfishly--putting my own interests first--and i can attest that it eventually leaves you empty in the end. Money, possessions, and pleasure don't fill that void. Why he did what he did is not known to me and i can't fill in the blanks with a "good riddance" attitude, and i doubt that his intent was to ruin your vacation.  Someday you're going to want someone to show mercy or compassion towards you.

I really don't think cancelling your vacation is in order.  An inanimate object doesn't seem a good host for any virus and i seriously doubt it would stay alive for weeks outside of a host.  Take your doctor's advice over any media outlet--if anyone lies more than the government, it's the media ... you know, they are a for profit business--they're not looking out for you, they just want readers so they can demand more advertising dollars.

It's not just my vacation - that is in there to show I am personally affected by someone elses actions thousands of miles away.  I'm sorry if I appear cold and uncaring but, he deserves NO compassion whatsoever, IMO.  He knowingly exposed a few people to something that has the potential to explode into millions of sick and dying Americans.  His motives for doing so are inexcusable and not worth listening to. He, effectively, could be the largest mass murderer in the history of the world and that includes Hitler.  When viewed from that perspective he will not receive a kind word from me.

Edited by Steven1963

It is hard to conceive of the effort required by that hospital to provide this level of care.  Every iota of fluid that came out of this man required special handling.  Zero margin for procedural error in a very strict isolation arena.  Wonder if they coded the guy (CPR)?  The nurse in Spain now suffering from Ebola is said to have touched her face just once with a dirty glove.  

He knowingly exposed a few people to something that has the potential to explode into millions of sick and dying Americans

For that statement to be true, you would have to say that he "knew" that he was infected. I don't that has been proven or even suggested (admittedly, i don't follow this case as closely as others).  From what i've read, he helped a sick woman to the hospital thinking her illness was pregnancy related. If ebola was in my town, i'd be afraid to touch anyone--sick or not sick; yet, this guy was kind enough to help someone in need.  Turns out her illness was not complications from her pregnancy; but, ebola and he paid a heavy price for his kindness.  He did more than i could have brought myself to do--carry one of my kids to hospital sure; but, a stranger--that would be very tough (embarrassed to admit). But, to remove the emotion, since he had NO symptoms, how could he "knowing" expose people?  How could he know that he was even infected? And when he did start getting sick, he told the hospital that he had been in West Africa. All that can be said is that he knew he had been in an infected locale.  

It is hard to conceive of the effort required by that hospital to provide this level of care.  Every iota of fluid that came out of this man required special handling.  Zero margin for procedural error in a very strict isolation arena.  Wonder if they coded the guy (CPR)?  The nurse in Spain now suffering from Ebola is said to have touched her face just once with a dirty glove.  

co-worker told me of a picture she saw ... somebody at the apartment complex that the guy was staying at, was hosing the sidewalk where the guy had vomited. In the picture, there is a woman, wearing sandals, walking through the water.  I wonder what she thought when she saw that picture?

He speaks yet again.  And yet again has nothing of substance to say.

as of September 30, there are 7,492 total cases in Africa, 3,439 resulting in death - and that's an environment  with extremely inefficient containment protocols. How do you extrapolate that to Hitler era genocide? FFS man.

Guest Steven1963

He knowingly exposed a few people to something that has the potential to explode into millions of sick and dying Americans

For that statement to be true, you would have to say that he "knew" that he was infected. I don't that has been proven or even suggested (admittedly, i don't follow this case as closely as others).  From what i've read, he helped a sick woman to the hospital thinking her illness was pregnancy related. If ebola was in my town, i'd be afraid to touch anyone--sick or not sick; yet, this guy was kind enough to help someone in need.  Turns out her illness was not complications from her pregnancy; but, ebola and he paid a heavy price for his kindness.  He did more than i could have brought myself to do--carry one of my kids to hospital sure; but, a stranger--that would be very tough (embarrassed to admit). But, to remove the emotion, since he had NO symptoms, how could he "knowing" expose people?  How could he know that he was even infected? And when he did start getting sick, he told the hospital that he had been in West Africa. All that can be said is that he knew he had been in an infected locale.  

He did indeed help the sick child to the hospital where she died later that day.  Whether he knew she was sick with Ebola or not I am not sure.  But one could reasonably deduce that if you are in an area that is heavily infected and you are carrying someone to the hospital with symptoms similar to Ebola, you probably have been exposed.  After that what I have from several sources is that he went to the airport and during the screening process marked a form asking "have you been exposed to the ebola virus?" (or something to that effect) and he marked 'NO.'