Anyone using Lifelock?

tube fanatic

i do ... because i got paranoid. I filled out a form on the VA website...a couple weeks later, went back to the website to check the status and a warning appeared that said there was something weird with the website i was trying to go to and that it may be a fraudulent website.  Since i'd entered personal info, i decided to join Lifelock just in case. Nothing ever happened--when i did open a new credit account, they notified me asking if i had opened an account at such & such store. a bit more piece of mind than before i guess...at least this way, if something nefarious happens, i'll be able to act sooner.

Thanks for the comments.  I agree with you Schu.  One of the few positive things about living in NJ is that we're allowed to keep a permanent security freeze on our credit files which I have.  I just thought it might be interesting to know if anyone is out there playing with my personal info; but, having done a lot more research on Lifelock, it seems that the negative comments about them outweigh the positive by a ratio of more than 50:1.  I won't bother with it!

Maynard