Impromptu Weekend Project...Big Results

Mallette

So, I was in the garage for some purpose Sunday about noon and my eye suddenly fell on P'uh...the uncarved block of Lao Tzu.  It was a leftover stair tread from a project of a couple of years ago.  For whatever reason, I saw the pattern for speaker risers.  Decent wood, with a nice curvature on the front for the use as stairs.  I have a pair of Frazier Mark IVs in my living room that were on the floor and needed a place to be.

Within a few minutes, I was cutting away.  At 330, they were in the family room with the speakers on them and the PAW ooing and ahhhing in appreciation in spite of my rather elementary woodworking skills. 

Then I put some music on.  This is a satellite system from the master bed room which I usually feed from my main system via my FM transmitter.  However, in this case, I just had the PAW turn it to a jazz channel she listens to from the Dish Network.

Yikes...I was not prepared.  I'd built them to specs per Jack Frazier...about a 5 inch elevation and 5 degree tilt.  Placed about six inches out from the wall the sound was utterly awesome.  Night and day from before.

Some here know I am an incurable DynaQuad guy and crave more depth than is present in stereo.  This sound is almost as projected and enveloping as a good DynaQuad setup. 

A VERY productive day! 

Dave

post-7390-0-49180000-1414448167_thumb.jppost-7390-0-26460000-1414448192_thumb.jp

Edited by Mallette

The dolls were my mother's collection, which she built around dolls inherited from her mother.  After we lost our daughter we gave some thought to distributing them to my mother's line and my nieces...but our son nixed it and said he wanted them kept for his daughters some day.  Some rather valuable ones in there. 

End of story.  

Dave

Kudos on the stands.

It seems near every night as I doze off Frazier speakers are on my mind. Im serious. Then you Mallette end up on my mind for some moments lol sorry about this haha because of your being involved with Fraziers as far as i have read about them

anyhow I need to get me some Frazier speakers...This truly seems to be a stepping stone in my audio life, or at least 1 of the several I have identified to this point in time.

That wu80 guy had a hook up on some...maybe I need to get in touch with him...

Beeker, Jack Frazier was the only other speaker designer PWK thought fully competent.  He told me so...and he had a pair of Frazier Dixielanders in the plant and used a Super Midget with a handle on it to demonstrate the corner effect.

'nuff said.  Frazier's remain by far the biggest bargain in audio.  The Monte Carlo's are the finest bookshelf design of all time, IMHO.  All of them are the most efficient in their class and love tubes to death.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/584410888260783/

That's where the Frazier crowd from here hands out now and a good place to get the scoop on Frazier's that are available and pricing.

Enjoy...

Dave