Extracorporal Shock Wave Lithotripsy

A1UC

This is my 2nd treatment one on left and one on right and both stones are stuck , this treatments here run around 26k each so that 52k and the 2 stones still are not out . I go back in 3 weeks for another one so I'm sure I will have 3 stuck . Here come the stents

• Moderators
Best overall diet rec........high volume "water based drinks", low salt diet, and low meat proportion. Also, don't snack on nuts or peanut butter.

My diet has always been good on all of those things except for the "Water based drinks".  Until my last battle with them, I drank "maybe" 1 bottle water a week.  Now, most of what I drink is water with an occasional coke or tea.

I never leave the string on the stent. Yea...it sucks to take out with a cystoscopy later......but......a stent with a string is more of a miserable experience. I get more phone calls after hours.

Yep, mine wasn't fun.  I did call the Dr. once after hours (woke him up) to see if what I was experiencing was normal and a different Dr on call told me I just had to "Tiger Up".  Seriously?  LOL

Alternating pain meds with ibuprofen is the best thing to control stent pain.

That seemed to help me.  Sometimes I would take pain meds, but often I would switch to 800mg of Ibuprofren and that seemed to help just as well as the pain meds but without the side effects.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

8:45 am I go in again this trip will top them all , and in 2 weeks I go again . I need to get this done with before end of year , otherwise my insurance wont cover 100% . I figure these next 3 weeks will be the worse looking at 2 stents because I kept putting it off , now its time to pay :o

My brother had all 16 of his zapped with a laser.  Wore a stint for about 3 or 4 days while the tiny chunks came out.  He's back to normal now.

Wow , Im kind of getting mad over this Extracorporal Shock Wave Lithotripsy , makes me wonder if its a scam . The cost is around 26k each and I had 2 done already . The first one broke a 4.5mm up on my left side but now its caught and has been for months , the second one the machine died and they had to wake me up till a new one came . They blasted it on the right side and thought it broke up but 2 weeks later it showed to still be in my kidney so there going to try again on the morning . That will leave another one to deal with . The part that gets me is after a 26k treatment and weeks of waiting they then have to charge you again to go fish the stone out . Not once have I passed a stone

Edited by A1UC

Jeses H Christ guys, i feel for you, dont know what is in my future, have not had any problems as of yet.

Iv lived longer than any male member of my family, so nothing to go on there.

Kind of makes one wonder if i should change my life style, but when reflecting on it, only eat meat from the meat market and only a couple times a week, water is aquafina, scotch is single malt, beer is NEVER domestic.

Jeses H Christ guys, i feel for you, dont know what is in my future, have not had any problems as of yet.

Iv lived longer than any male member of my family, so nothing to go on there.

Kind of makes one wonder if i should change my life style, but when reflecting on it, only eat meat from the meat market and only a couple times a week, water is aquafina, scotch is single malt, beer is NEVER domestic.

lol don't change nothing , I had a friend that smoked 4 packs a day and ended up with a drug problem which lasted 15yrs . He ended up meeting this girl and turned his life around church no smoking drugs nothing . Guess what he had a heart attack , this isn't the 1st time I heard of this . I think ones body just goes into shock from so much change . 

• Like 1

My brother had all 16 of his zapped with a laser.  Wore a stint for about 3 or 4 days while the tiny chunks came out.  He's back to normal now.

Wow , Im kind of getting mad over this Extracorporal Shock Wave Lithotripsy , makes me wonder if its a scam . The cost is around 26k each and I had 2 done already . The first one broke a 4.5mm up on my left side but now its caught and has been for months , the second one the machine died and they had to wake me up till a new one came . They blasted it on the right side and thought it broke up but 2 weeks later it showed to still be in my kidney so there going to try again on the morning . That will leave another one to deal with . The part that gets me is after a 26k treatment and weeks of waiting they then have to charge you again to go fish the stone out . Not once have I passed a stone

He also said that this is the first time in years that his back hasn't hurt.  He never associated the stones with the back pain previously.  He was out about an hour and a half for the procedure.  The procedure was done on a Thursday (out patient) and the following Monday he pulled his stints.