Extracorporal Shock Wave Lithotripsy

A1UC

Horrible i had stone in right side blasted and then they went in to remove the stuck stone on left side which was left from from 1st blasting 3 months ago. This required a stent so they put it in ,well while doing that my prostate starting bleeding so they had to cauterize it .Guess what now i cant piss and bladder was full , now its time for a catheter so now me and my bag are home . Two more to go cant wait good times

Edited by A1UC

• 3 weeks later...

Well went in again yesterday for  5 hrs  to have the stones that got stuck from the Extracorporal Shock Wave Lithotripsy . This has to be the worst so far , passing a scope 7 times .Then I was told they had to stop so I have 1  5mm stone left . I kind of figured this would happen , why not start a new bill for 2015 . Well at least the insurance covers a bunch this year

Well went in again yesterday for  5 hrs  to have the stones that got stuck from the Extracorporal Shock Wave Lithotripsy . This has to be the worst so far , passing a scope 7 times .Then I was told they had to stop so I have 1  5mm stone left . I kind of figured this would happen , why not start a new bill for 2015 . Well at least the insurance covers a bunch this year

I can't imagine why you don't have the laser procedure like my brother did.  16 stones gone in a couple hours.  No incisions and back to relative normalcy in 4 or 5 days.  I think his largest was between 5 and 6mm.

I asked that yesterday and they said its always better to try it this way first

Absolutely the better way, for the Dr's bank account.  Seems like he's milking the insurance company and your pain level for all they're worth.

I think I might have to agree  , its sad but probally  true

sorry to hear you’re still suffering.  is seeing another doc an option? my doc is pretty cool and i can generally dictate how “aggressive” i want to treat something. I’ve told the doctor "i just want this over” and other times the doc has suggested something aggressive and i opted for something less so.  Pain and risk of future damage are what drive my decisions.

I sure hope this ordeal gets resolved quickly for you--i can’t imagine how much you’re suffering.  

Question:  are you getting used to the pain?  I have two herniated disks in my neck and a certain degree of pain has become the norm.

I hate to say this, but this is a scam!  The waiting rooms fill up as the year end nears so they can get one last procedure before their deductible kicks in again.  Urology is a profitable biz, BIG MONEY for the Doctors, all the PA's  and Hospitals, they don't want you to not get them.  The sad part is, your back always hurts, and you are headed towards kidney failure and dialysis, which my dad said hurts like hell.  Thinking positive thoughts for you guys with the stints, take the pills, cut them in half or whatever you have to do to stay on them till they take the stint out.  I cant imagine taking a stint out yourself, must have been on moraphine.   

I cant imagine taking a stint out yourself, must have been on moraphine.

My brother said his hurt but went away pretty quickly.  He also said that the sensation of removing it was unlike anything he's felt before.  He just wanted it out though because when it was in and he had to use the restroom, everything would spasm and take a few minutes to ease up.

• Moderators
My brother said his hurt but went away pretty quickly. He also said that the sensation of removing it was unlike anything he's felt before. He just wanted it out though because when it was in and he had to use the restroom, everything would spasm and take a few minutes to ease up.

I concur.  It was more mental than physical but still didn't feel good removing it myself.

sorry to hear you’re still suffering.  is seeing another doc an option? my doc is pretty cool and i can generally dictate how “aggressive” i want to treat something. I’ve told the doctor "i just want this over” and other times the doc has suggested something aggressive and i opted for something less so.  Pain and risk of future damage are what drive my decisions.

I sure hope this ordeal gets resolved quickly for you--i can’t imagine how much you’re suffering.  

Question:  are you getting used to the pain?  I have two herniated disks in my neck and a certain degree of pain has become the norm.

Yes the pain is getting easier to deal with thats for sure  big prroblem is always having to be near a bathroom beacause of the stent  , so I cant get out at all

• 2 weeks later...

Well all the stents are out , I have one more stone around 8mm which is next on the list ...... But I told the Doc until it becomes a real problem I aint touching it . I need a 4 month break from this nightmare .

I will tell you this the last stent they cut the string and I had to go in and it it removed   wow talk about a nightmare no pain meds 100% awake .

it was called a  cystoscopy

They did say the last stone wont break so the only option is to go in from my side and insert a tube into the kidney .... like i said no rush here 

Edited by A1UC