best place to buy

Kman

just curious as to where everyone thinks the best place to buy Klipsch from. Seems the prices are the same everywhere- so maybe buying direct from Klipsch? In the process of building a HT room and was looking for some ceiling speakers and possibly surrounds also. The AVS store no longer carries klipsh so they are out. maybe crutch field? thanks

Sometimes it depends what klipsch line you are looking at also. The new synergy line I think only sells at best buy. ASD is probably your best bet for reference stuff like others have already posted. But another great place to buy klipsch is used like craigs list. Good speakers last a really really long time. Klipschs old stuff was built to last a life time. For the price of those older speakers you can't lose. 

Unless you spend a few grand you won't find better speakers new from klipsch. 

Edited by Pro-Cinema_Head
  • Like 2

just curious as to where everyone thinks the best place to buy Klipsch from. Seems the prices are the same everywhere- so maybe buying direct from Klipsch? In the process of building a HT room and was looking for some ceiling speakers and possibly surrounds also. The AVS store no longer carries klipsh so they are out. maybe crutch field? thanks

Sometimes it depends what klipsch line you are looking at also. The new synergy line I think only sells at best buy. ASD is probably your best bet for reference stuff like others have already posted. But another great place to buy klipsch is used like craigs list. Good speakers last a really really long time. Klipschs old stuff was built to last a life time. For the price of those older speakers you can't lose. 

Unless you spend a few grand you won't find better speakers new from klipsch. 

Actually I have sold a lot of Klipsch stuff on craigslist. KLf\F 30 system. Chorus and some smaller KG speakers. They all went pretty quickly. lots of Klipsch fans out there it seems. 

I'd recommend Eric at Sound Distributors. Better price than Mike by like $300. Sound Dist are authorized re-sellers too

wow- I thought Mike's prices were pretty good- good to know, thanks. I actually received everything today- pretty quick service. So thanks again to Mike. Now everything will sit in its boxes for a while until the room is done (sigh). :(

I'd recommend Eric at Sound Distributors. Better price than Mike by like $300. Sound Dist are authorized re-sellers too

curios as to what all you bought to beat mikes prices by that much? Just wondering for future references as I like recommending the very best and I'd mike is not as good as Eric then I'm switching teams

PM sent

I see 4 rs-52ii and 4 ceiling speakers. Wheres the main event at???

I have RF7 set up for up front.  going with two side and two back surrounds and 4 ceiling.  it should suffice for the upcoming Dolby Atmos.

o9p9j6.png

Edited by Kman

• 2 weeks later...

It seems I may have jumped the gun on this purchase? (My fault totally for not researching better). But  From different information on Dolby Atmos it seems monopoles are the way to go for surrounds? Hoping I didn't make a huge mistake in buying these. Since the format is so new and few have actually heard it, I'm hoping for the best here. Its going to be a while until I see a an Atmos receiver I want that can power 11 speakers for this configuration, so I will be using 7.1 for a while, so maybe it will be ok for now. 

http://www.dolby.com/us/en/technologies/dolby-atmos/dolby-atmos-home-theater-installation-guidelines.pdf

It seems I may have jumped the gun on this purchase? (My fault totally for not researching better). But  From different information on Dolby Atmos it seems monopoles are the way to go for surrounds? Hoping I didn't make a huge mistake in buying these. Since the format is so new and few have actually heard it, I'm hoping for the best here. Its going to be a while until I see a an Atmos receiver I want that can power 11 speakers for this configuration, so I will be using 7.1 for a while, so maybe it will be ok for now. 

http://www.dolby.com/us/en/technologies/dolby-atmos/dolby-atmos-home-theater-installation-guidelines.pdf

There's another thread kind of about this.  Monopoles nearly always work better behind you apparently.  As for the sides, it's still up in the air, most people still like bipoles and whatnot higher in the air for normal material, but yeah the official recommendation for Atmos is to put monopoles at ear level, I think preferably the same speakers as your mains if possible.  I wouldn't worry too much about the sides, but yeah monopole rears might be a little nicer, and that's regardless of Atmos. 

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

Somehow I don't think you will be suffering any loss.  You have put together an amazing system.  Get it hooked up, sit back and enjoy!

yeah- gotta learn to not get so hyped up from reading about this stuff until my head spins. But we all suffer from it now and then, just tike the upgrade bug, even though we know deep inside we really don't need to. but its such a big itch to scratch.  Figured it will be a few years anyway until manufacturers like Klipsch actually make Atmos speakers ( if they choose to make them at all?) 

There's another thread kind of about this.  Monopoles nearly always work better behind you apparently.  As for the sides, it's still up in the air, most people still like bipoles and whatnot higher in the air for normal material, but yeah the official recommendation for Atmos is to put monopoles at ear level, I think preferably the same speakers as your mains if possible.  I wouldn't worry too much about the sides, but yeah monopole rears might be a little nicer, and that's regardless of Atmos. 

I have read that, but wasn't sue if I wanted to mix them up like that, again, so much info all over the place on this format that as of yet- only a few have actually experienced it. 

worst case, if you don't go ATMOS, you can always use them 9.2 or 11.2 in the ceiling as front and rear presence. I personally don't see the big issue with Atmos. I've heard it a bunch of times with their "dvd demo" setups and it didn't do much for me. Maybe it was their setup and the room, but it didn't do much for me. 

worst case, if you don't go ATMOS, you can always use them 9.2 or 11.2 in the ceiling as front and rear presence. I personally don't see the big issue with Atmos. I've heard it a bunch of times with their "dvd demo" setups and it didn't do much for me. Maybe it was their setup and the room, but it didn't do much for me. 

interesting. I know I've heard it both ways- some love it some not that impressed. I guess it depends on how its set up. but if the format has to be just exact science to hear any benefit rom it- can't see how its going to fly in the home. not everyone has the luxury of designing a room around a sound format. I've also read that it requires flat ceilings, which again leaves me out since I am building a room with a tre ceiling. so out of the gate I am doing it wrong it seems. you are right, 9.2 or 11.2 could work fine. hell, I could still get monopolies for the back and have two sets of surrounds ( the 52s) not he side. make it 13.2. like george costanza on Seinfeld. " you wanna get nuts-lets get nuts"