Hersheys on E-Bay

These items may be listed as Hersheys, but it is very likely that what the buyer could well end up with is a Nestles' Crunch!! Smile.gif

Actually, if somebody could pick these up on the cheap, and they are functioning properly, they wouldn't be a bad buy at all!! They will have the industrial 12" woofers in them though...factory specs say they take more power and go louder, but not as low as standard home version woofers...see my post elsewhere about factory specs on woofers, though!!

------------------

I can now receive private messages

This message has been edited by HDBRbuilder on 07-30-2002 at 09:38 AM

What I read in that ad says there are TWO HIP heresy models and ONE homebuilt...total of THREE speakers!!

It would sure by nice if some of these ad writers passed 6th grade English class and learned to type before putting up an ad!!

------------------

I can now receive private messages

This message has been edited by HDBRbuilder on 07-30-2002 at 04:59 PM

I know he/she says there are a total of three in the title, but only two are pictured. Plus, I only saw one serial number in that garbled mess of language. It's amazing that someone would actually type something like that and then think it looked fine on the review page!

If I see a SINGLE spelling error (grammar be OK if it be messed up an little bits) on a eBay auction, I get scared, as the person isn't serious.

If you do not do your text in Word/word processor and spell check, well, how much do you care about the stuff you are selling...

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

I like listings that are vague or inaccurate. Other bidders blow right by them, or are scared off by them. So, sometimes you can get a great deal. All it takes is a little effort. The key is to find out exactly what is being offered before bidding. Usually, all it takes is an e-mail. I have bought speakers for a fraction of what they normally go for this way. Of course, as always, buyer beware. You need to separate the sellers who are inept or just don't know what they have from the scammers.

Malcom raises an excellent point here and one that I have capitalized on more than a few times. Poor listing titles lead to inaccurate searches and few hits. IF you catch them, you can score a great deal.

On the other hand, this particular ad is a mess all the way around. Personally, I would stay away from that whole mess as if it was the plague.

kh

True.

When we sell our cars. They are detailed (or patched Smile.gif ) SO carfully, that there is not a speck of dust or muck ANYWHERE.

They have no excuse to say, "Well, it's a little rough." or anything like it. This ensures we get the most $$$ for the car.

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

• 2 years later...

"Tampa FL ( sorry to offend anyone) is known as cheap is good..cheaper even better."

What kind of crap is that?? Come on Indy! Ever heard the term stereotyping?? Either you've never been to Tampa or you spent your time here in a trailer park. There are very elite stereo shops (as well as homes) in the area but unfortunately, don't carry much in the way of Klipsch. Did you happen to see those Khorns recently in Tampa from an Estate sale on e-bay? They were certainly nice. Can't really say cheaper is better there. So let's get the facts straight and don't be offensive with a disclaimer. (not meant to offend)

2.gif

hahah Thoroughbread music was a great place as a kid. I have relatives in Tampa.. An Aunt in Tampa, a cousin in St Pete now in Bradenton. While cheap is good, cheaper is better.. You can take it tounge and cheek too. EVERYTHING about florida is a deal here a deal there. Everyone looks for less expensive deals like. It is the pawn shop in this case mantra. I have spent a lot of time in Tampa since say 1978 on... Visiting relatives. Snowbird. LOL

We used to have a place in Sarasota since 1978 now in Naples, FL for the last 8 years. I love Ybor city in Tampa, the downtown much like Indy, has been re vitailzed.. Def not what it was say 20 years ago. And Gasparilla...THAT is a great party too. The bucs the lightning... Oh, and "Mons Venus" at 18..

But be honest here too ... Cheap always reigns in FL especially in the older more established areas too. I have no doubt Tampa itself has high end stores too. Probabaly some higher than here.. But I also feel you have what seems like 2-3 times the pawn shops.. And a used PAWN market that is incredible for "stuff."

I think were both on the same page really.

Just do not get in the way of a senior on his way for 3 o'clock happy hour or 4:30 dinner followed by a 5 pm cocktail hour too. To see them wobble off on and off the road 45 MPH in a 70 MPH Speed Limit highway traffic scares the HEll outta me on HWY 4 or 75 south..

Speaking of music stores, now there's is a Sam Ash music store where the Clearwater Kapok Tree Restaurant stood. Acutally, it's still the same building but just a huge music store. The median age in Tampa has been getting a lot younger over the years. The older folk are moving down toward Venice and Naples. Home prices have skyrocketed over the last 15 years here but are more reasonable the further south or north you go. My 77K house in St. Pete I bought 8 years ago is valued at over 150K now. The place is changing, but I don't think for the better. Mid seventies you could still drive down St. Pete Beach and actually see BEACH!!! It had mom & pop motels and the Hurricane Resaurant had $2.00 grouper sandwiches. Now it's condo's and $12 grouper.

(and I paid $400 for khorns)3.gif