Finally set up my 5.1 System w/Heritage Focus

TJIann

So, I recently took over the basement in our house to set up a man cave consisting of a lounge room (bar, audio/video equipment. my guitar collection hanging on the wall. etc.) and a separate studio room for amps/instruments/jamming.  Right away I knew I wanted the vintage stereo set-up I never had when I was younger (i.e., McIntosh and Klipsch), and I wanted to build a 5.1 system around it.  I recently purchased a beautiful set of Cornwall IIs as the mains, and wanted my Heresy speakers to become the surround.  Last night I finally got the full system set up.  See the list of components below.  Spending this morning listening to some SACDs on the system.  Just outstanding sounding.  I love the Cornwall/Heresy combination.  I think to complete it, I may now be in the market for a single Heresy to use for the center and replace the RC-25.  :)

Outlaw Audio 975 Preamp
Project Carbon Debut Turntable
Oppo BDP-103 Multidisc Player
Notebook PC w/HD music
McIntosh MC2105 Stereo (Main) Amp
Rotel RB-976 6 Channel Amp, Bridged to 3 channels for Centers/Rears
Klipsch Cornwall II Mains
Klipsch Heresy Rears
Klipsch RC-25 Center
Klipsch R-12SW Sub
Samsung 51" Plasma 3D TV

20141102_111808_zpsa02252f6.jpg

20141102_111839_zps9a4760e5.jpg

20141102_111858_zpsaeb38c21.jpg

20141102_112008_zpsea524b53.jpg

Edited by TJIann
  • Like 1

Thanks for the nice comments guys.  I'm working on getting some photos up. 

To Schu, get off your high horse.  You could have just been nice and asked for pics like others instead of making an arrogant statement.

Edited by TJIann

TJ, he's not being arrogant, its a standing joke on this forum about posting pictures. the longer your on here the more you will understand. every post before him they all said the same thing. post pictures. we all want to see your gear

another famous saying on here when someone says they bought new speakers/ subs or amps is

it didn't happen until you post pictures

Edited by Budman

You will definitely like a Heresy center with that beautiful setup.

What do you use the laptop for? Do you have a lossless collection of music on top of that huge collection of LP's, CD's, SACD's and DVD-A's?

Yeah, I keep FLAC files on a 2GB external hard drive hooked to the PC and out to my preamp via HDMI cable.  Some HD Tracks and shows I download from band websites.  I've started uploading my favorite CDs to FLAC as well. 

Just an update. I ended up returning the RC-25 center channel speaker to Best Buy for a refund. Going to put those funds towards a single Heresy for the center. Until I get that, the phantom center will do. :)

I was just going to ask how the RC was playing with Heritage. Soooo, not so well?

Also, how did you find an RC-25 at Best Buy? Or is it from the newer Reference/Icon line?

Just an update. I ended up returning the RC-25 center channel speaker to Best Buy for a refund. Going to put those funds towards a single Heresy for the center. Until I get that, the phantom center will do. :)

I was just going to ask how the RC was playing with Heritage. Soooo, not so well?

Also, how did you find an RC-25 at Best Buy? Or is it from the newer Reference/Icon line?

Sorry, newer reference line.  Just didn't do it for me.  Decided that other than the sub, I wanted all Heritage speakers in the mix.  :)

• Like 1