Another monster receiver - as is

mustang guy

Yo, Mustang!!  Find me some projects in Indiana or lower Michigan, preferably Pioneer SX-XX50 models or Marantz....I'll buy you a beverage one of these days....that goes for the rest of you too!!  Oh yea, I am bringing some good stuff to the gathering in Hope in April....can't wait!!

Yo, Mustang!!  Find me some projects in Indiana or lower Michigan, preferably Pioneer SX-XX50 models or Marantz....I'll buy you a beverage one of these days....that goes for the rest of you too!!  Oh yea, I am bringing some good stuff to the gathering in Hope in April....can't wait!!

Will do.  Just receiver projects? What about a cool speaker restoration project. That can be very fulfilling too...

Nice Tiger. That's a behemoth!

I should have said that I post finds on 1970's, cool looking, monster, stereo receivers. There are some pretty beasty 80's units, but I am in the 70's right now. :)

I like the belly of your beast:

denon-avr-5805-inside-chassis.jpg

That's a 'Man AVR'.

Edited by mustang guy

Don't know about projects, but there is a parts 1250 on the bay. Looks like it fell out of an airplane.  :( The knobs, transformer, and other parts may be of use to you since you are the Pioneer guy.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Pioneer-SX-1250-Stereo-Receiver-/191404119047?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item2c90931407

$_57.JPG

You certainly have to include the Luxman R-1120A in the awesome big receiver's from the 70's category.  Heard one the first time powering a pair of Belle Klipsch.  It was thunderous and ultra clear sounding.  A friend of mine from my home town was selling one with the matching Luxman graphic equalizer with it.  Not sure if he still has it.

I just did not have a room to dedicate to it.

post-2180-0-03860000-1415813403_thumb.jp

post-2180-0-36580000-1415813413_thumb.jp