Schiit talk (dac ordered)

The Dude

I think someone left a box of schiit on my porch, I need to get home and check it out.

It is probably a good thing that Halloween is already here and gone.  Otherwise you could have gone home and saw a burning package on your porch and when you went to go stomp it out, you could have been stomping on your own Schiit.

Edited by Fjd
  • Like 1

i left work early when my emotiva stealth dc-1 was delivered. scarfed down dinner and gave the mandatory "family attention time" and then raced off to my office to hook things up and listen.

i'll likely repeat that process when my new emotiva amp arrives, and then my aletheia networks. ;)

I was going to do the same, but things came up at work. Hopefully the wife has dinner going when I get home.   So I can eat have mandatory "family attention time" or in other words listen to my wife and daughter yack about their day. Which this should give my Schiit time to warm up, then race off to the cave.

• Like 1

Thad, while we wait for Duder to get his Schiit together, what do you think of that DAT?

I was previously downsampling everything over 24/96 in JRiver due to limitations of the MacBook Pro line out. That restriction has been removed, though no noticeable change specifically with this.

I was using the software volume control. No noticeable specific change by using the DC-1 volume control.

Using USB makes it easier to get things hooked up. No noticeable specific change by using usb.

Having a remote is nice. and more inputs for any future expansion or "visitor" devices.

That all sounds ho-hum, but i absolutely love the DC-1. I can't connect the sound quality change to any specific variable that the device provides, but collectively it has stepped things up in a big way and that's exactly what I had hoped for. It really does sound that much better than the integrated dac of my laptop and it was worth the extra money (vs. say the very capable modi in this thread) for the pre-amp functionality and greater amp options since I don't have one in my system.

Did I mention it doesn't sound like schiit.

Duder, can you hear an improvement in sound quality as well?

Oh yes.  

Ohhhhhhh Schiit, I think you just told us that your Schiit don't stink. :emotion-29:

• Like 1

Ok, my laptop idea didn't work out to well as it makes some horrible sounds when hooked to my receiver.  I am thinking of building a htpc, if so would I still need a dac. 

Really enjoying this, this is working out great. No buzzing

Buzzing... did you expect a digital converter to buzz?

Technically, from the first post and the thread that Thaddeus pointed out, I believe that his expectation was, that with the DAC, there would be no buzzing. :P

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...