Any transmission guys here ?

joessportster

It has way more to do with the dwindling population who know how to drive them and therefore a smaller (much) market to purchase them used. I have been shopping frequently the last couple of years and most used dealers tell you flat out they won't stock a manual unless its a special order with money down.

I ordered mine as the dealer didn't have any and did a locate to find my daughters.  There's not a lot of them out there.  Anyone remember 3 on the column?????

It has way more to do with the dwindling population who know how to drive them and therefore a smaller (much) market to purchase them used. I have been shopping frequently the last couple of years and most used dealers tell you flat out they won't stock a manual unless its a special order with money down.

I ordered mine as the dealer didn't have any and did a locate to find my daughters.  There's not a lot of them out there.  Anyone remember 3 on the column?????

First car 1966 Chevy Biscayne with 283 and 3 on the tree. And then there was the Hurst Mystery shifter, the mystery was what gear you would get. My favorite was the Hurst Super Shifter short throw. I still have thumb scars from the V Gate.