WTB Klipsch Epic CF-3, CF-4 or KLF-30's

Thrasher

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anything? I just had arrangements for a set of klf30, klf20 and c7. The member went to grab them from his storage unit and found them submerged in water... So again, still looking for a klf set. Help!

Submerged??  Dang...  See if he'll sell the drivers by themselves.  I'd be interested in that as those cabinets are easy to build.

He lives about an hour north of me and I have offered him the chance to listen to my Chorus II's w/ Crites upgrades.

I am in Kirkland. I might take you up on that offer. The most "vintage" Klipsch speaker I have ever heard is RF-63's. Haha

They have not been mentioned yet but I would not rule out a nice pair of Fortes either.   They have a lot going for them.  Initial investment is very reasonable, spare parts are readily available (not so with the Epic series), lots of upgrade options.....and last but not least, they are a great sounding speaker with a better low end than many speakers that are much larger.  I took the risers off the ones I had for a while and raised them up on landscape blocks something like my Quartets in the pic below and they sounded very nice.  I had an offer on them and sold them which I have regretted ever since. Just my 2 cents...

Mark

curly%20oak.jpg?1426259335597&1426259337

Edited by mwells

Forte's/Forte II's are definitely good sounding speakers and impressive low end.  Funny....they would seem almost like a pair of "bookshelf" speakers in size/weight comparison.  57/67 lbs (Forte/Forte II) versus 102/108/102 lbs (CF-3/CF-4/KLF-30) plus giving up 6" to 10" in height.   :cool:

Edited by avguytx

I personally wouldn't pay $800 for a pair of Forte's.  Cornwalls, maybe.  Not Forte's.

Yeah, I didn't want to pee on anybody's parade, but I think the last set of Forte's I saw around my area with Crites XO's sold for around $400 on CL.

Completely unrelated, but how long did most of you look and wait until you found exactly what you are looking for? Assuming you have found what you are in search of.

It depends on the market area.  It seems like good speakers turn up in the Chicago area almost weekly.  Florida seems to be great for killer deals.  I think Eddie500 looked for Khorns for a month or so.  In some areas, it can take can take a while but persistence and patience usually prevails. ;)  I just passed up a VERY clean pair of Fortes.  They were what I consider to be about the max price for a non-updated pair in great shape...$600.  My Quartets are like listening to Forte II's (especially when raised) about 90% of the time which will do me fine until the right deal comes along on a pair of Forte II's, Chorus II's or KLF30's.   That deal will likely happen when I least expect it which seems to be how things work for me.  I found the Fortes that I sold at a summer garage sale for $200.  I wish I had more time to check out garage and estate sales.

Mark

Edited by mwells

There was a pair of KLF20's (or 30's, couldn't tell from the pics) for sale here recently.  Don't think they sold, and the ad has expired.  They initially had them up for $200, then raised to $300.  I still have an email from the seller, I should check to see if they're available.