Superdave's HT Build

Superdave

Get the dual 4 ohm also if you go the route of the 6000 as you can run singles at 8 ohm per side and the amp will have plenty of power. Then if you ever add two more you will re wire them at 2 ohms per woofer and put them in series for two woofer on each channel at 4 ohms. Same setup as me.

Got them order today, thanks for your guidance, both Scrappydue and Metro! 

Get the dual 4 ohm also if you go the route of the 6000 as you can run singles at 8 ohm per side and the amp will have plenty of power. Then if you ever add two more you will re wire them at 2 ohms per woofer and put them in series for two woofer on each channel at 4 ohms. Same setup as me.

Got them order today, thanks for your guidance, both Scrappydue and Metro! 

good to hear! can't wait to see some build photos and impressions on them. 

I'm wanting some of the HST18's now.

http://stereointegrity.com/product/hst18-18-subwoofer/#tab-specifications

No dual 4 ohms but I'm guessing you'd need every bit of what you can squeeze out of an iNuke 6000 to power one. I can't find a good calculator for box size, and they don't say what they recommend. Time to whip out the old loudspeaker design cookbook?

Chugga chugga...

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

Glad you bought some towers and for a good deal. But I stick to what I said. 62ii center would be the best match. And metro nailed how I feel. The 64 is better. But not worth the price jump. And I would never mismatch. Ever.

Ok, in search for a very solid deal on a RC-62ii, thanks. Then 2 pairs of RB-61ii's for the side and rear surrounds. :emotion-21:

What did you ever decide for a center?

I had an RF82/RC62/RS52/RB61 setup for four years before going to an all Heritage HT.

My big mistake in the first setup was the RC62 with the RF82s. When I cracked movies and music up, the center channel had to be bumped up and never could quite keep up with the RF82s. It was like the RC62 just did not have enough . . . I had to throttle back the RF82s to keep a balance.

Then, when I would turn volume down because the wife went to bed, I had to tweak the center channel down.

It was always at doublespeak balancing act with the RC62 paired with RF82s for me. If Imstill had the Raf82s and a large area, there is no way I would settle for an RC62--I would have the RC64, a close enough timber match to the RF84s not to even think about it.

With a large room, you can only turn an RC62 so far; I find it preferable to turn an RC64 down to running out of headroom on my center as compared to my fronts.. . . The RF82s will go father in volume than an arC62. Is an RC64 technically overkill with RF82s? Yes, unless you are frustrated like I was. Many people run an RC64 with RF82s to avoid annoyances in large rooms at higher volume.

Take another look at the RC64 if you have not already purchased an RC62, especially for your large space. Just IMO.

PS....I am in Atlanta too.

Edited by Rhetor
  • Like 1

What did you ever decide for a center?

Still haven't pulled the trigger on a center yet, but I do see your point. If I can find a very good deal on a 64 I'll probably go with.

The 82's were delivered today and what a nice surprise, those speakers look sharp! So the surprise was this, I got a very good deal/ price on them but in the ad they were the cherry wood grain as pictured. But, I really wanted the black ones, low and behold, the actual delivered speakers, nib, are black. My plan was to use them until I found another good deal on the actual color I wanted. So, it's a good day. :D

Congrats on the delivery….awesome looking speakers huh?

Thanks Ceptorman, it's the first time I have ever seen a pair in person, l know I should get out more, lol. It's a great looking speaker.  

PS....I am in Atlanta too.

Rhetor, that's cool, we should see how many fellow members are here,

Fwiw I ran a RC64II with my RF62II's and it sounded just fine. Little timbre mismatched but not that noticeable. Just turn the 64II down a bit and it does not overpower the mains. They played fine together. Once I did get my 7II's though it made perfect sense why they belong together in perfect harmony.