CF-4 on Ebay

Woofers and Tweeters

A new bidder has upped the bid to over $300.  You're safe. (I think you were bidder e...9)

+++

I didn't realize you had the ver1 CF-4's, are they stock, and how do you like them?

What do you do with your CF-3's?  I bet they would make unbelievable surrounds in a 5.1.

while $590 may be a little high for shipping, remember these weigh 108lbs each & when boxed up are over fedex or ups standard size limits, once you get into oversize the price jumps sunstantially.  with the expence & efforts of packing these things i would say $400 is fair.  i had my pair shipped via fedex & it was about $150 each in the original boxes acxtual ship charge, i know i wouldnt want to pack & transport these for free.  but free local pickup may make for a good deal for someone close.

I'm only guessing, but $590 might be the "I really don't want to ship these" price.  B)

I totally agree. He's said that local PU is fine. So, he's trying to discourage those who want shipping. I know for myself, packing a huge pair of speaks like this would be a nasty task. He's practicing free enterprise.

This seller has a pair of Marantz HD-88's for $55 shipping to my location.  They weigh about 70 lbs. apiece and a CF-4 is over 100 lbs.  I wish he would put actual shipping on the CF-4's and let someone pay if they are willing.

I'm not an expert on selling, but it seems like a mistake to sell two pairs of CF4's at the same time.  The same buyer would have to watch two auctions.

I would sell one, then the next week sell the other, so the "just missed it" guys would keep going on the second auction.

FYI I am not a bidder, just watching for fun.  About 15 min to go.

Edited by wvu80

It looks like two bidders went against each other for both sets.  One buyer won at $360, the other guy paid $400.  There was also a first-time bidder at $355 for the set that sold for $360, but he was too little too late.

I'm not sure if that gives us fair market value or not, especially because of the $590 shipping cost.  With these CF-4's, that first gen seems to command a premium, and neither set here was first gen.

4 CF-4s that nearly match for under 800 is a heck of a deal...

Given its proximity to Chicago, I'm shocked that they didn't go into the 600-700 dollar range. Those numbers, and other recent examples may give a fair market representation of the EPIC line.

I'm assuming that shipping won't be paid on that deal... ;)

Grom, you're right in that the representation of what people think they're worth. I've seen Heresy bring more than 400. Those cabinets are in excellent shape, and for the quality and quantity of sound they produce, they are worth twice what they brought. The buyers should be very happy.