CF-4 on Ebay

Woofers and Tweeters

A re issue with the large format K510 horn and large format driver would be a killer loudspeaker. I am not a fan of the WTW configuration as it has screwie off axis response and I much prefer the WWT arrangement used in the KG and KLF series (KLF10). Don't hold your breath though. Best regards Moray James.

I was wondering about that. Would you need to put them on stands to have the horn at ear level?

X2 on the ebay fees,  been that way for years now, they get ~10% of the total sale including shipping.  kind of unfair IMO as the honest sellers that dont hike up the shipping are penalized because of the ones who do.  kind of like taking away the whole classes recess because billy was bad.... 

& why so quick to assume "shill bidding"  ebay has worldwide exposure & there are hundreds of people that can & will bid on these, just because the price gets driven up does not mean there is any fraudulent practices going on. 

based on the serial #'s these are series 3,  made in late 95 or 96 would make them series 3 from the info i recall.  could be wrong though.  still a decent speaker if the price stays below $700-$800 or so.  the 2nd pair looks to have some damage to the veneer or cabinet.  

while $590 may be a little high for shipping, remember these weigh 108lbs each & when boxed up are over fedex or ups standard size limits, once you get into oversize the price jumps sunstantially.  with the expence & efforts of packing these things i would say $400 is fair.  i had my pair shipped via fedex & it was about $150 each in the original boxes acxtual ship charge, i know i wouldnt want to pack & transport these for free.  but free local pickup may make for a good deal for someone close.

You can ask ragingbull on the shill bidding. If it wasn't shill on the speakers I watched, people "just had to have them at any price" And I watched their speakers for about 1 1/2 years

A re issue with the large format K510 horn and large format driver would be a killer loudspeaker. I am not a fan of the WTW configuration as it has screwie off axis response and I much prefer the WWT arrangement used in the KG and KLF series (KLF10). Don't hold your breath though. Best regards Moray James.

I was wondering about that. Would you need to put them on stands to have the horn at ear level?

Most folks ears are about 39 - 41 inches off the floor when sitting but it depends on you and your chair of choice. Centred (ear level) upon the horn will sound best. Best regards Moray James.

You can ask ragingbull on the shill bidding. If it wasn't shill on the speakers I watched, people "just had to have them at any price" And I watched their speakers for about 1 1/2 years

i dont doubt there can be shill bidding on ebay, but keep in mind as a bidder i can simply enter my highest price i will pay for the auction & ebay will bid on my behalf automatically in increments, so when others place any bid lower than my max, they will instantly get outbid by "me", so it seems like shill bidding to the unknowing bidder or new bidder that isnt aware of that process.  & there are bidding softwares out there that bid for you in the last seconds to win the auction.  if someone wants it bad enough they will place a very high bid & let ebay do the work for them. 

Edited by klipschfancf4
  • Like 1

Everyone keep in mind...local pickup runs ya 5% tax...at least according to their auction "rules"

Doubt they report that tax...if you aren't a Wisconsin resident and you payed via Paypal before you showed up, I can't see why or how they can collect tax. Probably just pocketing it.

Edited by Gorm

I'm the high bidder again, this time I punched in $275.00. For now lol

Good number, just need to rearrange order to win.

I agree...some local person or even someone from Chicago is going to go 800+ probably. Not even worth watching until the last minutes of the auction...

i dont doubt there can be shill bidding on ebay, but keep in mind as a bidder i can simply enter my highest price i will pay for the auction & ebay will be on my behalf automatically in increments, so when others place any bid lower than my max, they will instantly get outbid by "me", so it seems like shill bidding to the unknowing bidder or new bidder that isnt aware of that process.  & there are bidding softwares out there that bid for you in the last seconds to win the auction.  if someone wants it bad enough they will place a very high bid & let ebay do the work for them. 

You are correct.

Thats why the best strategy is to place that large bid in the final seconds of the auction. You risk losing the item. However, you'll prevent someone maxing out the bid eariler, saving you money in the long run.

I'm dropping out, I already have 1 pair of 4s version 1 and a pair of 3s. And a couple other speakers.

I need these like a hole in the head. Can anyone help me?

Mark

Help You get more holes or more speakers?

More speakers is better and healthy option. ;)