Apple Reports Record 4th Quarter Profit

Ceptorman

I've been following it somewhat.  It seems that the CEO Tim Cook told analysts during a conference call that for the three-month reporting period ended December 27, 2014, Apply sold about 34,000 iPhone per HOUR. :ohmy:

http://nypost.com/2015/01/27/iphone-6-sales-boost-apple-profits-to-stratospheric-levels/

During the analyst call, the CEO noted the following about Apple Pay:

- Apple has signed on 750 banks and credit unions to support Apple Pay.

- Whole Foods has seen a 400% increase in mobile payments since the release of Apple Pay.

-Apple Pay accounts for 80% of mobile payments at Panera Bread

Watch for Apple to push “Apple Pay” during 2015 as the “mobile payments industry” becomes more main stream.  It would seem that Apple Pay could be a reason that eBay has decided to spin PayPal into a separate public company.

Apple Pay is now competition in that fast-changing industry and a separate PayPal would be better equipped to compete, given the industry already includes Square, Google Wallet, Stripe, among others. Then you have the forthcoming Amazon credit-card reader……

I wonder where all those Apple Billion$ are?  I know in years past they had 102 billion overseas they wouldn't bring in because of a 35% repatriation tax the US imposes when transferring profits into the US.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/connieguglielmo/2013/05/21/apple-called-a-tax-dodger-by-senate-committee-apple-says-system-needs-to-be-dramatically-simplified/

Edited by wvu80