First time spinin' vinyl in 35 years

richieb

Budgie pre/SUT arrived from Schu today boosting the signal from the Denon 103D as I message. Since I have moved the big rig to finished downstairs I have been able to replicate my system from those 35 years. Yeah in '77/'78 bought factory fresh walnut stained LaScallas played over a Denon DP790 table, Denon 103D and Ortofon MC20 carts. LS had to go for who knows why but the Denons travelled with me in their OE boxes. So did the plastic lined album collection. So in the past month bought '78 LS, five days later '81 Fastlane KHorns w/2-piece ALK's and tonight, well tonight has indeed allowed me a fantastic return to some great memories. This is freaky cool --

• Like 3

Budgie pre/SUT arrived from Schu today boosting the signal from the Denon 103D as I message. Since I have moved the big rig to finished downstairs I have been able to replicate my system from those 35 years. Yeah in '77/'78 bought factory fresh walnut stained LaScallas played over a Denon DP790 table, Denon 103D and Ortofon MC20 carts. LS had to go for who knows why but the Denons travelled with me in their OE boxes. So did the plastic lined album collection. So in the past month bought '78 LS, five days later '81 Fastlane KHorns w/2-piece ALK's and tonight, well tonight has indeed allowed me a fantastic return to some great memories. This is freaky cool --

including the scratches on the records -I guess -

including the scratches on the records -I guess -

Well I can proudly say I was as anal then as I am now. Each album was put into a plastic sleeve on purchase and a quality table/ cart

has always been used. A few pops here and there but overall still pretty clean. I do want to try some of today's new "audiophile" pressings to see how good vinyl can sound and how far it has come in 35+ years.