Afroman concert

Paducah Home Theater

This thread is an embarassment to the Klipsch community. Linking the action of one man to a whole race of people is not appropiate.

Linking the posts of one member to the entire forum community is not appropriate either.

What this thread has done is opened the window into the minds of some of the members.  You look through and sometimes you see things you would have rather not seen.  They can not be unseen unfortunately.

Despite being drunk and doing a "hey look at me on stage," the poor girl didn't deserve to be throat punched. He's lucky he didn't kill her from the punch or her hitting the stage with her head that was behind them. The crowd should have handled that situation right then and there and beat him with his own guitar until the town of Ferguson or Sharpton arrived.

Why was the racial implication added here? What value does that add to the story? What if the guitarist had been white? That would be possible, right? What sort of racial implication would you have added then?

Sheesh.

Oh goodness. I just new someone wouldn't be happy with my comment.  OK, what if it was a "white" guitarist among a black crowd, that slugged a young lady that happened to be black that was cooing up on the stage? Yeah, we know that white guitarist would have beat bad and maybe rightfully so, and possibly three buildings burned, x amount of cars burned and so on. Its not my fault the thug ratio is so large among some social groups. I just call a goose a goose when I see it. You don't even have to profile people these days from fear, you just stick around for a few minutes and they will prove what kind of person they are.  This guy hit a woman, no wait he just threw a hay maker with all 200+ lbs of him at this poor girl and you want to protect this POS without me being able to link him with a Sharpton or Ferguson comment? He fits right in with this crowd of thugs......... this is the problem.  These are the "type" of folks that cause the problems and then are heralded for their legal right to do this to someone because another facet is to blame or some other crap. He is already saying he didn't take his meds...pff. This guy needed to be beat within a inch of his life and much less, surely needs to be seeing a dentist today about getting new upper and lowers.

Come on now. The non "thug" black community agrees on where Ferguson is AND where Sharpton is.  Surely you do too Mdeneen.

Serious question: when is the last time you've used the term "thug" to refer to a caucasian person?

I would say that the given race you're actually digging at created this notion by themselves with all their "Thug Life" qualities being brought on by a Thug Life lifestyle. 

Although I had many words for the last Caucasian man I tangled with that tried to heat his water heater in a house of mine by lighting a fire on a pizza pan below the water heater, I cant remember that word being used, though I had several others.

This thread is an embarassment to the Klipsch community.  Linking the action of one man to a whole race of people is not appropiate.   Not closing this thread support the bigotry and prejudice view of some forum members. Is this what the Klipshc community wishes to be associated with?

1.)  As a spill over for the other discussion had about blacks, how is anyone supposed to not look at them the way they do when they do sh&t like this?

2.)  The crowd should have handled that situation right then and there and beat him with his own guitar until the town of Ferguson or Sharpton arrived.

3.)  You can't honestly say you wouldn't have said string up the white guy for beating on poor blacky

One man did something and these statement apply to a whole groups of people.  I can't remember seeing another ethnic group attacked like this on the forum since I joined in 2011.  Not closing this thread shows the lack of sensitivity on Klipsch and defender of the thread.  This is a sad day for the forum.

I sure didn't use those words.

Good Lord Derrick (there you go Mdeneen) No one is waiving a Dixie flag here and preaching supremacy or hate for any race.  Afroman got compared to the looting scum, arsons and the delusional folks that think attacking an officer of the law is ok. Since a few here are thinking I am linking every person of color in the US with this comparo or saying they are all "bad", you're wrong.

Quotes 1 and 3 are from me,and I'd say them everyday until the situation changes.

From the other discussion spilling into this one. The point has been made we need to make raparations to the blacks for all their suffereing with land and money, It was also pointed out that it should come from the FED. My point is nothing is ever going to change until we stop coddling them and I also asked when is enough on making excuses for them to not have to work, accept responsibility for their actions to which there was no real reply.

When you grow up in an Urban area and are subjected to seing blacks sell drugs, see them refuse to work, or try to rob you when you are at work do you say "they" or do you say he/she?

When you have a denomination follow drug dealing pimps as per Kat Williams, Snoop Dog, 50 cent, Ice T, as per their own words how can you expect them to respect anyone else? Especially when one of their pown who is educated gets called an Uncle Tom or Oreo for telling them to get off their a$$es and to respect their elders and get educated.

Should we continue to make excuses as to why it's OK for them to "not take meds" and punch someone, should we make excuses as to why 2 teens kill a little girl and stuuf her in a dumpster for a bike? Should we give reparations to 2 teens that shot and killed a mother and her 18 month old for nothing? Is it OK for Akon to body slam a 15 year old kid and just look the other way becuase they are due reparations?

I also want to make it personally clear as there are a few arrows being shot, but those same shooters are not stepping up to the plate to really say what they mean, only infer................I am far from being a racist when it comes to skin color. I am however very opinionated and will state my opinion on things....if it walks,quacks,and eats like a duck, it must be a duck.

There are differences with Blacks being called educated and the N-Word, there are differences with whites being educated and white trash,trailer park trash (to which I was brought up in this group), there are differences in all denominations and I'm sure everyone in this forum at one point or another has used those words to describe those denominations.

Should we continue to make excuses as to why it's OK for them to "not take meds" and punch someone, should we make excuses as to why 2 teens kill a little girl and stuuf her in a dumpster for a bike? Should we give reparations to 2 teens that shot and killed a mother and her 18 month old for nothing? Is it OK for Akon to body slam a 15 year old kid and just look the other way becuase they are due reparations?

There was no "them" there, only a "he."

Again,that's my own ignorance coming out. He is the correct statement, but it doesn't change the fact on the whole discussion on both threads. Should we be giving him reparations for what happened and excuse him for doing this? I know Mark you said he was wrong, but again if you think the FED should make reaparations, which get it and which don't?

There are many, many, many other places for people to "discuss" and rant over non-audio topics....go there. 

That's kinda my point, but if I were to delete the off-topic forum, I can't imagine the backlash that would cause. I'm far too busy to be able to handle that kind of thing. 

There are many, many, many other places for people to "discuss" and rant over non-audio topics....go there. 

That's kinda my point, but if I were to delete the off-topic forum, I can't imagine the backlash that would cause. I'm far too busy to be able to handle that kind of thing. 

This shows a lack of sensitivity and spine on the part of Klipsch to doing the right thing and not what is convenient.  Jim comment on blacks not working and reparation is an example of racism.  The majority of people on welfare in the country are not black.  There appears to be a lack of spine concerning these matters throughout American history. 

Racism consists of both prejudice and discrimination based in social perceptions of biological differences between peoples. It often takes the form of social actions, practices or beliefs, or political systems that consider different races to be ranked as inherently superior or inferior to each other,

This is an intelligent discussion?  Even the comment of white trash are offensive, are we blind? 

People may be born into a  culture of poverty but, that does not make them trash.  Many people in these situation have went on to become successful and productive members of our society.

Edited by derrickdj1

I also want to make it personally clear as there are a few arrows being shot, but those same shooters are not stepping up to the plate to really say what they mean, only infer................I am far from being a racist when it comes to skin color. I am however very opinionated and will state my opinion on things....if it walks,quacks,and eats like a duck, it must be a duck.

There are differences with Blacks being called educated and the N-Word, there are differences with whites being educated and white trash,trailer park trash (to which I was brought up in this group), there are differences in all denominations and I'm sure everyone in this forum at one point or another has used those words to describe those denominations.

Jim,

If this is really how you feel, you need to make this clear in your posts.  Using "them" is very offensive as it applies to an entire race instead of individuals. 

I live in a very new city that is a melting pot.  I also work as a professional and what you speak of does not seem to exist in my little bubble.  Race, sex, or orientation do not come up when dealing with others, it is a non-issue.  You state that you are in an interracial marriage so the same should apply to you.  I wish that you could see it from my persspective (and many others).  You would be amazed with the progress that has been made.  Unfortunately, imputing bad acts to an entire race as you have been doing undoes all of this progress.  Things are a lot different than when I grew up and that is a good thing.

Chad,

I use the term "thugs" all the time.  To me it means any generally violent angry person who reacts with violence or aggression when not warrented (like the singer).  Don't tell me that this is being taken away.  We should all be prejudice against thugs (of whatever race) as we should be against thieves, rapists, etc. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

This shows a lack of sensitivity and spine on the part of Klipsch to doing the right thing and not what is convenient.

Whoa whoa whoa... hold up there. I'm not Klipsch. I'm a person who is in charge of keeping these forums up and running. My own opinions do NOT necessarily reflect those of my employer. Klipsch has entrusted me with that "power". I have to unfortunately play the role of head referee here and use my own judgement. I'm not perfect, and Klipsch doesn't expect me to be.

My point is - what is "right" to you is not necessarily "right" to me. 

For the record, I agree 100% with you about the certain remarks as examples of racism (that I didn't see at first), and because of that, I'm locking this thread. Quite frankly I don't have time to monitor this place like a hawk. 

LET IT BE KNOWN - I will never tolerate anything that *could* be considered racist remarks here. Take that crap elsewhere.