Snow storm Thor! 3/5/15 or, Where's Earl?

wvu80

I can't complain, solid 9" of snow overnight.  You can see the bird feeder in the pics below.  I can't imagine what it's like in upstate NY at the moment, or for that matter even you people in Cincinnati and the mid-west, where our storm came from.

attachicon.gifIMG_4293.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_4302.JPG

less than 2 here in cincy

You all lucked out also, parts of Kentucky had 18 inches!

• Like 1

• Moderators

This is all funny to me, 1" would shut down everything here. The last few days it was 75+ and right now 36 and a chance of sleet which is rare for us. 

But all of you make me feel very grateful at 36, thanks, and as far as Earl goes I would take the cold and snow/ice over a dentist chair any day.

• Like 1

3-4" here in rural DFW.

Same here. Almost whole state shut down. Its a nice day off.

No day off for me. My job function is pretty location agnostic, so it's just another working day for me. Still, it's nice to look out at my snow covered acreage while sipping my hot coffee. :D

At least you have a window in your office  :)

• Like 1

This is all funny to me, 1" would shut down everything here. The last few days it was 75+ and right now 36 and a chance of sleet which is rare for us. 

But all of you make me feel very grateful at 36, thanks, and as far as Earl goes I would take the cold and snow/ice over a dentist chair any day.

People laugh at us southerners, but they don't realize a state can't budget a full throw of snow clearing equipment when you average maybe 1 snowfall of 4 inches or so a year. It doesn't bother me. Kids hit the sleds all day and its almost like we get a taste of a 3 or 4 day Euro work week.

• Like 1

I can't believe Cinci and NY missed the snow.  I thought Cinci was dead center in the storm.

Here in sunny West Virginia, we are expecting minus 6 tonight.

I think the Ohio River was a dividing line for snow. I have a friend that lives on the south side of Cincy and had 5 inches. Parts of Ky south of Louisville had 20 inches. I too am glad it missed us.

• Like 1

• Moderators

People laugh at us southerners, but they don't realize a state can't budget a full throw of snow clearing equipment when you average maybe 1 snowfall of 4 inches or so a year. It doesn't bother me. Kids hit the sleds all day and its almost like we get a taste of a 3 or 4 day Euro work week.

They can laugh all they want, I would have cabin fever if it was snow covered or even those temps a few months of the year.

Your right, if our town tried to buy snow equipment there would be an investigation the next day, guaranteed.

lol

have 2 feet or more snow in the front yard, which hasn't melted for last two months... Had couple of weeks below zero and few days hovering around -30F with windchill. That said we might have a relief next week with a forecast for +30F. No complains, as in comparison Boston has gotten a lot of snow this time around...

It got down to about -3, and about 4:30 this (Friday) morning I lost power for about 7 hours.  There are still 5,000 customers without electric in Vienna, right in the area where Mustang Guy has his speaker ranch.

I took my wife to work this morning and went past a 3 car pile-up before the cops had even arrived, then went another half-mile where a tractor-trailer had jack knifed blocking two lanes. (Rt. 7 going into Marietta, OH)

Hey Mustang Guy, did you lose power at the shop?  It looks like it might have just come back on around 5p near that area.

Edited by wvu80

Guest Steven1963

Feel sorry for you all.  Kinda.  Here in the Northwest the weather has been fantastic. Highs in the 60's through the last couple weeks of February and no rain, when we should be in the high 40's low 50's with non-stop rain.

Lived here for the last 40 years and I cannot recall such great weather this early in the year.

Supposed to be 70 this weekend!

Edited by Steven1963