Free Pussys

cluless

OKay So I have a whole lotta nerve...but as the token female poster...I gotta keep things on an uneven keel.. Wheeeee... As some of you know, I went into major upgrade psychosis... So now I Have a full R7 lineup in my room from hell... But I also have hooked up the KG4s, that I configure in/out of the system depending on whether I'm doing 5.1 HT or 7.1 Stereo (speaker placement is wrong for 7.1 HT)..

Too make a long story,, errr...long..the darling catsters ate through my speaker wires...I knew better...

So when I went to 7.1 ... and gave the volume a yank...POP...yikes..

I love pussys.

They're so furry and cute.

No doubt, they can be a handful.

Especially, when they resort to eating speaker cable.

Time for kitty muzzels.

Both my cats like to perch on top of my RF7s.

It sometimes really bothers me. So far, they've been good. They look kinda cool up there, sorta like my personal gargoyles.

Sometime, I'll post a few pages of my new book

"bi-wiring your household pets"

It's a complete audiolovers pet handbook.

Very hip and informative.

------------------

You should of heard just what I've seen.

Hmmmm...dangerous word...

The Red Skelton Show many years ago went off the air in the middle of a broadcast because of that word. Red was doing a skit with Zsa Zsa Gabor. Zsa Zsa was sitting on a couch with a cat on her lap. Dialogue went something like this:

Zsa Zsa: "Would you like to pet my ***** , darling?"

Red: "Sure, if you get rid of the damn cat!"

Next thing you saw was a test pattern followed by an announcement that the show would not continue because of technical difficulties and in its place they would be bringing us Myron Hamelin (if I remember his name correctly) at the organ.

Are you sure you don't have rabbits? Rabbits normally eat speaker cables, not cats.

I love my cats and yet have to agree that they can be a major pain the assets. I still giggle when I think of a Siamese kitten we had named Penny who I discovered sitting with a totally bewildered expression upon my turntable and revolving majestically at 33 1/3 RPM.

I am embarrassed to admit that I yanked her off my pristine copy of Christopher Parkening and gave her a sharp slap on her two toned butt. She looked at me with an expression of utter horror and let out a Siamese cat yowl and I can honestly say that I have never slapped a cat since,(not that I was in the habit of cat beating before that

incident).

The capper is that I immediately cuddled her and apologised for my bad - tempered response. After we had both calmed down,(or so I thought), I put her on the floor and she scampered off in a typical 12 month old kitten fashion. My wife was in another room and Penny complained loudly enough to her that Rosie came into the front room carrying an obviously unhappy kitten and asked "What happened to Penny? - She's really upset about something!!"

CAN YOU SPELL BUSTED ?? c>

------------------

It is meet to recall that the Great Green Heron rarely flies upside down in the moonlight - (Foo Ling ca.1900)

This message has been edited by lynnm on 08-09-2002 at 11:58 PM

I like my cat. He NEVER does anything bad, EVER!!!

He does go into my subwoofer on occasion, I always check it before cranking it up.

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

For JBL related subjects and more fun, click: http://www.audioheritage.org

boa -

These catsters came from Texas....a little hot sauce... and they ask...is it habenero...or what..

As far as the amp goes...that was my major concern..I've ended up with an un-terminated speaker before, just from moving the speaker......but never the POP...

Trader, I actually have the power cable for my sub inside a side-spliced chunk of garden hose.

But on the plus side, These cats have never allowed me to be late to work...They THWAPP me on the side of the head...

U sure now how to get a guy's attention. Your tag line is almost as good as free Klipschorns here. Well not quite but u know guys we are.......

Anyway, please tell us more about what got you into this hobby and what kind of setup you have. I think it's very refreshing to see a gal into the same hobby as us audio heads. Now if u could just take my wife out to lunch and maybe, just maybe a little of your enthusiasm for the "sport" might rub off. Hey stranger things have happened.

HD

My setup - 1987/2002 Klipsch Kg-4s an a Yamaha 55wpch receiver...assorted players..

Went into upgrade mode, this spring...and things went kinda psycho (very long story)...found the forum and bought a KV-3 center, a denon 3802 receiver, and synergy ss-1 surrounds, and a KSW-12 subwoofer. (Not to mention a new TV and DVD player).

But this was not really what I wanted...so now...I have Denon3802. Cherry RF-7/Rc-7 fronts and center....and the beached whales of RS-7s surrounds.

Still have the KSW-12...to be replaced/augmented by a SVS-PC+ ...

Still have the KG-4s waiting repacement parts, and use them for 7.1 music, ( they add an interesting "bite" for music ).

Music/Movies/Books...not a hobby...a way of life

And me meeting your wife, That would problably terminate all future funds for home theater... Whhhheeeeee....

cwm29.gif

"I JUST HATE CATS!"

As always constructive things to say!

"I love cats, they taste just like chicken ;-)"

Not another barbarian!You know some say humans taste great when deep fried. LOL Canibals anyway,you know... Forrest Hump.

Cats are great animals,I have one at home.And a BIG SOB it is, 24 lbs cat!Not fat just huge,looks a bit like a Tabi,probably a savage cat(found it in the forrest,probably 2-3 weeks old then!)

As smart as my cat Giant Meow(yes that is his name,better then Forrest Hump,no?)is the beast loves to lie next to my quality Monster M2.4B and Cardas Golden Cross and chew on!

cwm3.gif

One cable has a few teeth marks,no cuts as the cables are too thick.Love the extra thick M2.4B Smile.gif Cat proof

You see true quality audiophile cables have cat armor!

The worst case is a punctured cable,not cut lamp cord.

I also replaced all powercords with quality UltraLink and Chang power cords.Now no more worries.

The cat forced me to be a better...audiophile!

To all of you who complain about cut cables...buy better cables and interconects. Wink.gif

TheEAR(s) Now theears

It seems to me that that this is a cat lover's problem rather than an electrical problem.

A friend of mine keeps cats. For some reason or another, they would chew on the phone cord, doing the damage you describe. One has to think there is something in the insulation which is appealing to the feline taste buds.

My understanding is that cat keepers sometimes coat the wires with a solution of pepper or other spice which is distasteful to the cats. So perhaps you'll find some remedy like this on a cat lover BBS.

If I was to be faced with this problem, I'd use coax cable, like TV cable, for speaker wire feed. It has a braid of wire as an outer conductor. I'd think that the kitty would not chew further.

Seriously, it may be a matter that the insulation on the speaker wire is a specific plastic which they like and they will not like an alternative form of feed wire even without the braid.

Gil

This message has been edited by William F. Gil McDermott on 08-12-2002 at 02:36 AM

ears -

At last - perhaps a solution - (lost another 6 inches of wire yesterday).

What do you use for speaker wire? The fur balls can't get to the interconnects (or dont yet realize that they CAN, or as Wil suggeted they don't like the flavor).

Tonights menu - cattitore -- oops I meant cacciatore.

cwm20.gif

I use a few speaker wires,these are the best ANTI CAT cables...

Monster M series M2.4B(for all Reference Klipsch!)

15ft long,comes with a nice case to carry the cable and stuff the cat!

Monster Z Reference(used with Totem Tabu and Rokk)

10ft long,less thick but is quite resistant to cats

TheEAR(s) Now theears